Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Jeanne S 12-02-2016 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7710696)
Well I finished enough squares for a picture. Here is my clue 1 and 2 w/ the as yet unused fabrics, still including the b/w cat fabric still deciding on it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]563038[/ATTACH]

cant wait to see how your quilt develops!! Switching the lights for darks appears to be giving it a whole new look! Great job!

sewbizgirl 12-02-2016 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great guess, Kassaundra... Can't wait to see what you end up doing. I know it will be something novel.

I have my clue nearly done. Only needed 50 for the half sized version, and here are my first 30 sewn and the other 20 waiting to go next.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563061[/ATTACH]

givio 12-02-2016 07:28 PM

SBG, That looks cute, like flying geese. Wouldn't it be nice if she's planning rows, and they were set in rows like you have!
Mine are half done. I've sewn one side, and just taking a break before sewing the other side. Me too, it's not so much to do, when you are only doing 50.

sewbizgirl 12-02-2016 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7710936)
SBG, That looks cute, like flying geese. Wouldn't it be nice if she's planning rows, and they were set in rows like you have!
Mine are half done. I've sewn one side, and just taking a break before sewing the other side. Me too, it's not so much to do, when you are only doing 50.

Yeah, I'm getting ideas on 'diminishing flying geese' just by looking at my photo! My magenta looks cranberry red in those pics, but it's a lot more pinky in real life.

tuckyquilter 12-02-2016 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7707000)
peaceandjoy, Hope you continue to improve!

I didn't want to sew strips to have the same prints together, so I cut squares, and shuffled. I ran out of bobbin thread when sewing the last five. Lucky me, only five! :-p

I'm using my Redeye to sew the Mystery too. I get much better seams when I use her.

Kassaundra 12-02-2016 08:13 PM

Sewbiz, your clue 2 look good.

tuckyquilter 12-02-2016 08:22 PM

BH 2016 Mystery

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in, but have to finish up a couple of other things before I jump in with both feet. I did shop my stash and found everything but the magenta. So I did end up buying some. made a few 4-P just to see how they will go. Using my Singer Redeye Treadle to make this quilt. Plus I have friends giving me all their scraps all the time so I should be able to do this quilt. Oh and the magenta was on sale too.

joe'smom 12-02-2016 08:55 PM

My magenta is not playing well with my small print neutrals. I found some larger prints on my neutral shelf, but they are kind of wild, so it could be weird.

sewbizgirl 12-02-2016 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7710989)
My magenta is not playing well with my small print neutrals. I found some larger prints on my neutral shelf, but they are kind of wild, so it could be weird.

LOL, mine may end up being weird too... especially my wild 4 patches. :D I'm just gonna embrace the weirdness.

Very nice fabric collection, Tucky! Add some neutrals and you are good to go!

Thanks, Kass...

Kassaundra 12-03-2016 03:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Playing around w/ clue 2 last night. [ATTACH=CONFIG]563066[/ATTACH]