Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Bluebonnets 12-03-2016 03:58 AM

What a fantastic looking arrangement, Kassaundra.

Lovely patches, SBG. I have wondered if our quilt will be in rows. Bonnie is showing pictures of rows of lavender. Maybe maybe not.

Great fabrics, tuckyquilter.

Kassaundra 12-03-2016 04:04 AM

I was thinking what a cool new arrangement for a one block wonder quilt.

GramE 12-03-2016 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7711049)
I was thinking what a cool new arrangement for a one block wonder quilt.

Looks amazing. A diamond in the center, maybe another bigger diamond around that. You rebel, you.

SusanSusan33 12-03-2016 05:35 AM

I am so glad I bought the tri rec ruler who knows when. It's sitting unopened in my sewing cabinet. Who hoo!!

I am loving seeing everyone's pretty fabrics, completed works and blocks getting together. I have A mid day work Christmas party to attend today. I need to get motivated. I'm making brownies and a salad. So I will try to tackle this step tomorrow after church.

At at first I thought the redeye was a tired quilter. Lol. Literally. It's been one of those weeks at work. I'm a va nurse (LPN) and it was quite a week. Artwork and raising 16year olds at home. I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm and when my daughter got home from babysitting st 11:30 she told me my eyes were red. I was Going to join in the "redeye" conversation. Guess not. I did see for fun on my grandmother si get treadle sewing machine. Such great memories!

char7439 12-03-2016 06:38 AM

go die

Originally Posted by letawellman (Post 7710539)
Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight and tomorrow.

Now, I'm trying to remember if I have the AccuQuilt die for this... I know I have the TriRecs tool, but the die would definitely be faster. :D

For those who want to use the go die its the triangles in square 3" #55027. The triangle will be a little different.

pinkflowers 12-03-2016 06:39 AM

Good morning, everyone!

I thought I would get up earlier to squeeze some sew time in before my husband is up. Didn't work, I stayed up too late last night, but did get some sew time yesterday evening.

I am still working on my 4 patches. I have ALOT of neutral scraps, so it has been fun getting those together. I added some zingers with bigger prints, and I am excited about how it will all come together.

I do have an Accuquilt Go, and dies that my husband bought me last Christmas that I forgot I had!! Well, at the mention in an earlier thread about the die to use for this mystery, I looked...and I have it!

Hopefully, I'll get to have time to play with it later today.

For now, hubby and I have home projects to do, and we'll be off to Lowes to get what we need.

Have a happy sewing day!!

Splinter 12-03-2016 06:43 AM

I just finished my last 21 4-patch units from clue #1, but I must make a final decision on which constant fabric I want to use before I tackle clue #2. I'm going to work on another project for a couple of hours before I getting back to this mystery. Maybe then the decision will be easier.

AlvaStitcher 12-03-2016 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another magenta choice post! HAHA. These are the three choices. Top two from my stash and the bottom one I purchased at Joann's. Trying to get a magenta more into the violet range but not purple. What are your thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563084[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 12-03-2016 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher (Post 7711168)
Another magenta choice post! HAHA. These are the three choices. Top two from my stash and the bottom one I purchased at Joann's. Trying to get a magenta more into the violet range but not purple. What are your thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563084[/ATTACH]

On my screen these look red, the top one at viewing distance looks orange w/ the yellow flowers, and the middle one has a slight fuchia look. Can you post a pic w/ these and your other quilt fabrics?

NZquilter 12-03-2016 07:23 AM

I have all of clue 2 cut and ready to sew up. I asked my DH what he thought of my greens and he decided we will go to Hobby Lobby and buy some more today. He didn't like the green toy fabric either. Hehe, oops! I am looking forward to going fabric shopping with him!