Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Pagzz 12-12-2016 08:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have over 100 of the clue three done. I am loving the color intensity after working with neutrals.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563597[/ATTACH] and for fun [ATTACH=CONFIG]563598[/ATTACH]

GramE 12-12-2016 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7717331)
I printed off the paper piecing templates for clue 2 (triangle blocks) They printed out 1/8 smaller. I went to chrome and printed it again and they were perfect. I think a lot of people are having trouble because of the pattern not being right. I can only use 4 of the 6 patterns on each page as we need to make the blocks 1/4 inch bigger than the pattern edge and the patterns are to close for that. I hope this makes sense and helps someone from making a mistake or having frustrated times. Sheep farmer sounds like your about to catch up.

thanks for the info! I'll remember that. I don't have problems with Jenny Beyer but these triangles were getting the best of me!

AngeliaNR 12-12-2016 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My purple four-patches--as usual, I made way too many!

QuiltingVagabond 12-12-2016 09:23 AM

My clue 3 strips are patiently awaiting my attention. But a nasty case of food poisoning has me sidelined since Saturday.
Worse of all, I was at my DDILs getting ready to help her paint the babys room when it hit me. :(
She ended up having to do it by herself...

GramE 12-12-2016 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7717389)
My clue 3 strips are patiently awaiting my attention. But a nasty case of food poisoning has me sidelined since Saturday.
Worse of all, I was at my DDILs getting ready to help her paint the babys room when it hit me. :(
She ended up having to do it by herself...

Sorry you are suffering, fellow Hoosier. Hoping you will be up & about soon!

joe'smom 12-12-2016 10:41 AM

letawellman, why won't single colors (1 purple, 1 lav) work for clue #3?

Looking lovely, Paggz!

Beautiful purples, AngeliaNR!

Podunk Princess 12-12-2016 11:32 AM

It's finally Monday and I will get to start on Clue #3. Working weekends really interferes with my sewing time.

Love everyone's purple 4 patches so far, especially the alternate color ways. The block design guesses are very interesting. I'm seeing several on the Facebook group as well. It seems that the next clue we will start using the specialty rulers again. Looking forward to making some HST's, flying geese and/or hourglass units with the colors we haven't used yet.

lawsonmugs 12-12-2016 11:59 AM

I remember reading something about chrome being the right size on her site. I didn't think to post that till today. I think for me the paper piecing is the best way for accuracy on those types of blocks. Like clue 2.

lawsonmugs 12-12-2016 12:03 PM

Angelia those are beautiful together . I love purples.

Bluebonnets 12-12-2016 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563608[/ATTACH]
Here we go, clues 1, 2, & 3. All caught up and whew! Fun work!