Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Bluebonnets 12-12-2016 07:52 PM

So sorry about your cold, Scuba K. I'm just getting over one and it's definitely that time of year.

Really sorry about the food poisoning Quilting Vagabond, how awful. Hope you get over it quickly.

Its looking good Joe's Mom! As are they all. Loving the alternate colorways. Wishing I could do two mystery quilts, one with an alternate colorway just for the fun of it.

AngeliaNR 12-12-2016 08:01 PM

Everyone's work looks great--there will be a bunch of beauties here! :)

sewbizgirl 12-12-2016 09:48 PM

I love your fabrics and colors, joe'smom!

QV, so sorry about the food poisoning. Hope the worst has passed.

ScubaK 12-13-2016 09:19 AM

Bluebonnets
Thanks...it's either a cold or the flu... I haven't decided yet. Haha...

I was wishing that I could make a MQ in an alternate colorway as well. I just don't want to take another project on at this time.
I can't wait to see the layout...
Kirsten

sewbizgirl 12-13-2016 01:17 PM

It's a long time between Fridays, esp. when you are only doing a half-sized, LOL.

Barb in Louisiana 12-13-2016 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 7717371)
My purple four-patches--as usual, I made way too many!

Your 4 patches are my favorites so far. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

NZquilter 12-13-2016 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7718206)
It's a long time between Fridays, esp. when you are only doing a half-sized, LOL.

I totally agree:) I've decided I'm going to make a 2/3 size, so now I have a few extra units to sew up by next Friday.

givio 12-13-2016 06:55 PM

I agree too! Making 1/2 here too. But, always working on other things as well...

pennycandy 12-13-2016 08:28 PM

I like that it's only one clue per week. I can work at a slower pace if I'm struggling with a clue. It's also given me time to finish a couple of Christmas projects.

This has been an interesting project so far. At first I was going to use one fabric per color and make it 1/4 size. As the clue have been presented and seeing photos of all the scrappy combinations, I've switched to multiple fabrics per color and thinking of making a half size. Now I've run into a problem with my green choice. I'm not a fan of yellow greens so I went with a green blue teal. When I washed it, I discovered it was much thinner than the other fabrics and I'm not going to include it. Now I'm debating on what to do. If I stick with the teal I found one fabric that works. If we need to go scrappy, I'm not sure what to do. At this point I'm debating subbing another color for the green.

letawellman 12-14-2016 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaK (Post 7717650)
Quick question...
We don't have to spin the seams on Clue #3 as in clue #1?
I'm plugging along despite a head cold and medicine head....
Thanks for the help.
Kirsten

Yes, you DO need to spin the seams. Bonnie specifically does mention that in her post. Right under a pic of the 4-patch, she says, "And you know what to do with the back! SPIN,
Quilters, SPIN!"