Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

QuiltingVagabond 12-14-2016 04:10 PM

Feeling better now, I have my twosies paired and ready to sew...
Very busy weekend ahead - family Christmas party at my sisters and today found out that there may be an early delivery of grandchild #4 due to mama's blood pressure! Originally scheduled for Jan 3rd.
Will know more tomorrow!

Podunk Princess 12-14-2016 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7718923)
That was because the purples were two different colors and supposed to be scrappy. But... if you'd rather sub one purple 3.5" square for each 4 patch, the numbers will be the same. One for one...

TIME OUT: I would advise NOT using 3.5" squares of purple instead of the light/dark 4-patches for Clue 3. There is a reason that the light and dark purple fabrics were listed as separate colors in the instructions. If you use one large square of purple, it will ruin the design element planned for this quilt.

sewbizgirl 12-14-2016 04:20 PM

I agree. Don't know why you would want to do that, but she asked...

Podunk Princess 12-14-2016 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished Clue 3....ready for Clue 4 on Friday.

sewbizgirl 12-14-2016 04:42 PM

Those look yummy, Miss Rita!

jaba 12-14-2016 04:59 PM

I finshed step 1 and 2 and have the strips sewn for clue 3. Tomorrow will sew some purple and lavender 4 patches.......then I'll post a pic. Just playing a little catch up here. Love what I'm seeing so far on all the different ideas that everyone has.

Splinter 12-14-2016 06:49 PM

This week has been so busy, I have not been able to sew a single stitch. Only two more days and I will be off work for two weeks for the holidays. I plan to spend most of my normal "work hours" at my sewing machine. I've fallen behind on the mystery clues, but I will have no problem catching up.

I'm loving all the purples, blues, and all variations of magenta that I've seen in all the pictures. I have a feeling this quilt is going to be amazing!

pennycandy 12-14-2016 09:47 PM

Breathing a sigh of relief that I may not be the only one with a green constant as well as the magenta. Thank you givio and JeanneS.

sewbizgirl 12-14-2016 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by pennycandy (Post 7719196)
Breathing a sigh of relief that I may not be the only one with a green constant as well as the magenta. Thank you givio and JeanneS.

Watch those Link Ups at Quiltville and I'm sure you will see any and every color combo imaginable.

Ready for Clue 4 on Friday! Sure hope it is anything besides 4 patches!

QuiltingVagabond 12-15-2016 04:34 AM

My purple 4 patches are sewn, ready to press. Busy day today, maybe I will get to them tonight.