Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

justflyingin 12-17-2016 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7720299)
Add to that the stress of potential failing eyesight and selling the cabin retreat she dearly loves - it would be enough to make the most optimistic of us a tad bit whiney :)

When something is free, we should all be grateful for 'whatever we get'.

But, what's up with the cabin? I've not been reading. Why is she selling the cabin? I saw upon a quick perusal that they are looking to buy another, so all will not be terrible.

And what's up with her eyesight? I've not seen anything...but then I've not been reading her blog either. Just wondering if you could tell me when she posted about it so I can zoom right there without having to read everything.

sewhat540 12-17-2016 05:54 AM

Like the fabric but where is the quilt??? Please get moving on it, can't wait to see it.

QuiltingVagabond 12-17-2016 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin (Post 7720532)
When something is free, we should all be grateful for 'whatever we get'.

But, what's up with the cabin? I've not been reading. Why is she selling the cabin? I saw upon a quick perusal that they are looking to buy another, so all will not be terrible.

And what's up with her eyesight? I've not seen anything...but then I've not been reading her blog either. Just wondering if you could tell me when she posted about it so I can zoom right there without having to read everything.

The eyesight thing is similar to macular degeneration but different. Started earlier this year I think - she bought a magnifying headpiece from Craftoptics to help with handwork.
The cabin issue is an HOA problem, Bonnie and her husband don't like the direction the developement is heading so the cabin is up for sale and they are looking for something very similar but with more acreage and no HOA.

Pam H 12-17-2016 07:25 AM

I'm sorry to have stirred up the pot on this. I love Bonnie and all she does for us. I'm just still confused on why she would be rude to my daughter and cancel her order. I was really looking forward to getting some of Bonnie's goodies. Now I have to come up with something else for my daughter to buy me for Christmas. Poor me, right? LOL
Bonnie is selling her cabin because the one that she has is in a neighborhood with an HOA or whatever they call it in her part of the country and they want to get away from that. She has a degenerative eye disease that is slowly taking her vision. They are trying to stop it from getting worse. I don't remember when any of this was posted but you might be able to do a search on her blog. I'm not a lot of help with remembering exact details. Maybe someone else knows more.

Pam H 12-17-2016 07:26 AM

Looks like we were writing at the same time, Kathy!

AngeliaNR 12-17-2016 07:50 AM

You had a valid question/concern--not stirring the pot at all. :)

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 7720698)
I'm sorry to have stirred up the pot on this. I love Bonnie and all she does for us. I'm just still confused on why she would be rude to my daughter and cancel her order. I was really looking forward to getting some of Bonnie's goodies. Now I have to come up with something else for my daughter to buy me for Christmas. Poor me, right? LOL
Bonnie is selling her cabin because the one that she has is in a neighborhood with an HOA or whatever they call it in her part of the country and they want to get away from that. She has a degenerative eye disease that is slowly taking her vision. They are trying to stop it from getting worse. I don't remember when any of this was posted but you might be able to do a search on her blog. I'm not a lot of help with remembering exact details. Maybe someone else knows more.

KalamaQuilts 12-17-2016 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7720683)
The eyesight thing is similar to macular degeneration but different. Started earlier .

I have the same eye disease as Bonnie, Mac Tel for short. We see everything you see, only we see it bent. There are other effects also, but bent is the easiest way to describe it. I've been precutting my most used block sizes this summer because I expect my ability to cut accurately to go first.
We have snow today so am looking forward to a day in the quilt room! I LOVE BEING RETIRED :)

NZquilter 12-17-2016 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7720733)
I have the same eye disease as Bonnie, Mac Tel for short. We see everything you see, only we see it bent. There are other effects also, but bent is the easiest way to describe it. I've been precutting my most used block sizes this summer because I expect my ability to cut accurately to go first.
We have snow today so am looking forward to a day in the quilt room! I LOVE BEING RETIRED :)

Seeing everything bent? Oh my goodness! I had never heard of Mac Tel. I am so sorry, KalamaQuilts! You must rely on rulers a lot then for quilting. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

quiltsRfun 12-17-2016 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 7720698)
I'm just still confused on why she would be rude to my daughter and cancel her order.

Perhaps it was accidental. Maybe she could contact Bonnie and ask about it.

Macybaby 12-17-2016 09:41 AM

Here is my clue #4

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psrmlzfn4y.jpg