Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

Splinter 12-18-2016 08:50 AM

I haven't been able to work on clue #4 yet, because I'm trying to get another project finished first. A little quilt shop not so far away has introduced longarm rental. I'm planning a trip there on Wednesday to learn how to use it. If all goes well, I want to finish up a couple of projects so that I can quilt them myself over the next two weeks.

According to my calculations based on the finished quilt size that Bonnie posted, clue #4 gets us 2/3 of the way through the area of the finished quilt top. I don't know what she has planned for borders, but if the entire quilt top is made from the same sized units we've been making, we have nearly 300 left to make. When she posted clue #3, she stated that there were a couple more clues that used neutrals. Since we used neutrals in clue #4, there may be one more clue that requires neutrals. The fabric requirements state that the yellows need to contrast with the neutrals and the greens. My best guess is that we are finished with the purples, and we will be working with the yellows, greens, and neutrals for the remaining clues.

Whatever it turns out to be, I can't wait to see the finished quilt tops. So . . . off to the sewing machine to get some work done so I can get back to my mystery project.

NZquilter 12-18-2016 09:26 AM

I agree, Splinter. I hope we are done with the purples... I'm nearly out! And I'm guessing, based on what Bonnie said about neutrals in clue 1, and how if you are using a single neutral to only cut something like 45 3.5" squares instead of the 200 4 patches, we have at least one more clue with it too. So maybe only three more clues left in total?

Tweety2911 12-18-2016 09:28 AM

Sewbizgirl I love your layout of step 4 (blocks are very pretty too). That would make a great scrappy quilt.

lawsonmugs 12-18-2016 10:06 AM

Wow you girls are on top of things with the math and figuring this quilt out. lol. I have enough trouble figuring what fabric to use.

sewbizgirl 12-18-2016 10:58 AM

I think we have two clues left. She usually does 6 parts. Then the reveal.

Yes, hourglass blocks and QSTs are the same thing.

Glad you liked my silly little layout of clue 4 blocks. Great scrappy that would make, but what a load of work!

Carol in WI 12-18-2016 01:59 PM

I've almost completed clue # 4, but listening to the Packer game got me so nervous that the last 8 units were all off kilter and needed to be ripped out! They pulled off the win by the skin of their teeth so now I can sew "piecefully" :).

QuiltingVagabond 12-18-2016 02:01 PM

Just finished my clue 4 units. Don't you think we still have some of the light purples left to use? And yellows and greens...

Pagzz 12-18-2016 02:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished clue 4. Thanks for the math Splinter. I have been wondering how the other colors are going to come in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564025[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]564026[/ATTACH]

Carol in WI 12-18-2016 03:15 PM

Oh, I love your idea of the layout Peggy. The magenta you choose is one of my favorites.

NZquilter 12-18-2016 03:17 PM

Lovely lay out, Pagzz!