Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

toverly 03-14-2019 05:20 AM

Awesome barn quilt, perfect on that grey. Beautiful color selection

happylab 03-14-2019 11:39 AM

Always in stitches, I love your barn block, colors design etc. i know how you feel about you progress. With your BHMQ. I’m still slowly making progress. I have the original numbered blocks made, but I’m adding more blocks and that’s what’s slowing me down. I’m just squaring and making larger blocks at this point. Keep at it, and have fun on the way.

Butter 14562, your top is very pretty, great job.

Great top battleaxe. I like the color, backing and quilting. What is the name of the pattern?

retiredteacher09 03-14-2019 05:10 PM

Always in stitches: Very pretty barn quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Always and happylab: Slow and steady wins the race.

QuiltingVagabond 03-14-2019 05:35 PM

Woohoo! Just put the final stitches in the binding!

Tweety2911 03-17-2019 09:38 AM

Battle Axe and Butter great job on your quilts! Bee love what you have done so far in your units.

PamelaOry 03-31-2019 10:13 AM

Hello! I’m a relative newbie and am trying to figure out how the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilts work? When I tried to click on the link in the first post, it says the page is no longer there?

Barb in Louisiana 03-31-2019 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8233686)
Hello! I’m a relative newbie and am trying to figure out how the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilts work? When I tried to click on the link in the first post, it says the page is no longer there?

She leaves them up for a little while after the mystery finishes and then they are for sale in her shop. You have to download them from her website while the mystery is in progress to get it for free.

Sandra-P 03-31-2019 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8233686)

Bonnie usually puts up the first clue right after Thanksgiving. She then will post a new clue about a week apart and ends it after the new year.

Battle Axe 03-31-2019 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To the newbies: If you can get approved onto Bonnie Hunters facebook page. There are a lot of videos with show and tell. Pretty soon you can recognize the patterns even in different colorways. Her website is extensive and you can buy specific patterns or books that have the patterns in them.

I'm taking a class (my first!) this November. What we are doing is Smith Mountain Morning. So I bought the book and am almost finished with my trial attempt. There are several mistakes in this. The most outstanding is that the corners should be one color and the star the opposite color. I made them the same. Then I switched the numbers of the brown and the blue. So that means I sewed the first row wrong. Should be star/chimney/star and I have it the other way. That forces me to make 4 new blue stars and I have 4 brown stars extra.[ATTACH=CONFIG]611074[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 03-31-2019 04:54 PM

Battle Axe: Very pretty!