Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

audsgirl 01-18-2019 05:57 PM

These look wonderful, Sync! They seem to be very accurate. It's so much more enjoyable when things work out the way they are supposed to, isn't it? I'm still working on mine, too, but I only have 6 or 7 done. I'm not sure I'm liking the interaction between the two blocks. At least I think my colors are all right. I like your color choices.

Leslie

Sync 01-19-2019 11:24 AM

Thanks Leslie. Well, there were a "few" of those stars that were ......... ummmmmm .......... a bit of a problem. And like Bonnie said "most of my seams are matching" ..... :D just don't look to close. I would love to see a picture of some of your blocks.

retiredteacher09 01-19-2019 06:11 PM

Very pretty, Sync.

I finally have all of my HST's and chevrons sewn together into pairs. I will be working on sewing the 4 patches with a partner next.

Sync 01-19-2019 07:42 PM

Thanks retiredteacher, my plan for today was to put more spinning stars together but ............... I got a text from my youngest daughter, she had today off from work .............. so we decided to Skype (video chat) we spent 3 hours chatting and I got to see her and my beautiful grandson. :thumbup:

audsgirl 01-19-2019 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sync (Post 8195935)
Thanks Leslie. Well, there were a "few" of those stars that were ......... ummmmmm .......... a bit of a problem. And like Bonnie said "most of my seams are matching" ..... :D just don't look to close. I would love to see a picture of some of your blocks.

I was going to take a picture of what I have done, but I had a little fall this week and I wrenched my back and knee, so I can't go downstairs to my studio. Maybe I can get my husband to take a photo tomorrow. Sitting and standing up are most uncomfortable right now. Hopefully, I will be able to get down there soon and make some more blocks.

Leslie

Carol in WI 01-20-2019 07:48 AM

Goodness Leslie, that sounds painful. I pray that you recover quickly and are able to navigate without pain. It has been fun watching everyone's finished product. I continue to work on the Hunter Strip quilt blocks - 16 done, 26 to go:(.

joe'smom 01-20-2019 09:24 AM

Leslie, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you will soon be back to normal and that you are able to rest comfortably.

toverly 01-20-2019 09:55 AM

I hope you feel better soon Leslie, a fall can hurt for a while. Rest now and hopefully you will recover soon. Tish

Sync 01-20-2019 11:11 AM

Oh my goodness Leslie .............. take your time to recover and let your hubby take care of you. Don't worry your Good Fortune pieces will wait for you.

audsgirl 01-20-2019 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Carol, Lisa, Toverly, and Sync: Thank you so much for your kind words. This has really thrown me for a loop. I didn't expect it to last so long. I may have to go back to the doctor this week and see if she wants to do some testing. I had my husband take a photo of what I have done so far. I neglected to tell him to take a close-up shot, but this will give you an idea of where I am right now. Thanks again for all the good wishes.

Leslie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607108[/ATTACH]