Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

sewbizgirl 12-11-2018 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher (Post 8173741)
Wondering if the chevron unit pointing in the opposite way would make a difference. The first one I made faced the other direction but have since changing to face the way hers are shown. Do you think it really will make a difference in the direction of the chevron? Just wondering....

Yes, it most definitely will...

https://www.quiltingboard.com/clear.gif

sewbizgirl 12-11-2018 09:53 AM

I'm really enjoying everyone's progress. The bright blues and greens are wonderful!

Love that string Hunter's Star, Carol in WI!

Sync 12-11-2018 10:51 AM

Carol, I'm loving that string Hunter's Star ............................ that is a lot of pieces

toverly 12-11-2018 11:30 AM

Yikes, I'm working with yardage and after making separate HST's, I have exactly 4 1/4 x WOF of green left. Hoping for no more green but, you never know. There is always more at the LQS.

lora3677 12-11-2018 11:47 AM

Well... I finally worked myself up to finished the sewing on the units for clue 3... I still need to cut them apart and press them and pray to the quilting gods that the size works out... I'm going to say that I have a few 2" HST that are actually about 1 7/8"... but I'm going to say close enough... I can get that much wiggle here and there.

Back to the table to cut and press... wish me luck and encouragement... this has been a struggle to be motivated to complete this week...

KalamaQuilts 12-11-2018 12:26 PM

(((lora))) and all of us. Even though in our own oddball ways we take a miss on christmas, I can feel the pressure all around me in anything public. Breathe. Release. Breathe. Release

WANNABEE 12-11-2018 02:07 PM

From one Carol to another Carol I love that Hunters Star!

Tweety2911 12-11-2018 04:11 PM

Carol, I just love your string Hunters Star. Gorgeous!

AmyBible 12-11-2018 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Carol in WI (Post 8174680)
Everyone' sets are looking great - such vibrant colors. I have enjoyed following along and just decided to do 12 of each clue, but now realize that my tan neutrals are probably not contrasting enough. In the meantime, I continue to plug along on the Hunter's String Star pattern. I like it, but it certainly isn't any less intense than Bonnie's mystery patterns. There are 112 pieces in each block...over 4700 for the queen size I had planned to make. It will be a long lasting project:).

FeathersNFur - your scraps are fantastic!

Carol -- I think your tans are great. You can easily tell the differences in the colors. Your Hunter's Star is beautiful.

I was lamenting the sameness of my orange -- Thank you Lisa & Sync for the advice but I bowed to peer pressure and got more orange :(

Found the solids and skeletons in my stash - I know the skeletons are too big but cut up but they glow in the dark so I used 2 small pieces.... the rest is from a 3 store orange hunt.
I may have a fabric problem. :D:D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605173[/ATTACH]

Sync 12-11-2018 05:29 PM

oooooooo Amy ....... those skeletons are cute ............ glow-in-the-dark too :eek: Your hunt came up with some nice oranges.

No progress on clue 3 today .................... after lunch I sat down at my machine, turned it on .............. nothing happened!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Unplugged machine and went to turn on my desk lamp, (so I could see what happened to my machine) ...... desk lamp did not turn on .............. cr@p ........ checked the other two electric outlets in my dining/sewing room. All 3 electric outlets are not working!!!!!! Hubby checked the circuit breakers and they are fine. Dang ......... now I need to get an electrician and find another spot for my sewing <sigh>