Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Macybaby 12-19-2018 06:30 AM

I'm ready for Friday too! I'm wondering if Bonnie is going to do her rapid fire clues again this year, like last year where the last week we got the clues closer together so we'd have them all with the reveal for New Years. I'm really curious on how this is going to come together.

joe'smom 12-19-2018 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm very curious, too, moreso than other years, for some reason.

I finished my clue four string sets and cut a few, but then moved on (back) to do my second set of clue 3 for my Bonnie colors version. Hoping I can get that done before the next clue. Here's how my first version colors are looking together.

Pagzz 12-19-2018 08:38 AM

I like your colors Lisa. I am enjoying everyone's pics. I am hoping for not a bunch of clues at once though I am eager to see how it all comes together.

AmyBible 12-19-2018 09:55 AM

Tweety I think your units look great! There are a lot of different textures in your fabrics.

Welcome aboard Chehalis - never too late to join the fun!

Kalama - For what it's worth, I like the random pops of pink.

JENNR8R - you clue #4's look great! I think my hang up with clue #4 is that in the photos they look Huge - even the skinny strips whereas up close to my face, my strips and units look small.

Macybaby - I am pretty sure Clue #5 is going to be super simple - like cut 96 squares and be done.
She mentioned a couple times her schedule is lighter this year so she may even spread out the clues
another week or so - I don't think she'll do rapid-fire.

I kind of hope one of the clues will be: "assemble these units into this block, make 25" or something like that. Then the next clue and maybe be top assembly & border.

Oh Joe's Mom - really like your colors and fabrics - that's going to make a lovely quilt.

I have exactly half of Clue #4 finished and all the strips cut & companioned for the other half. Half my units will have 4 strips and half will have 5 And the best part: almost All were made with scraps - just had to cut a small bit of yardage for variety.

Power sewing today means I can spend Thursday working on my NDT-shirt quilt until Friday!

Chehalis 12-19-2018 12:55 PM

Clue 4

1 Attachment(s)
Skipped clue 3, I need to make a trip to the fabric store first. So I'm working on clue 4 and having fun playing with colors making it more scrappy. 😊

joe'smom 12-19-2018 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by AmyBible (Post 8178815)
Macybaby - I am pretty sure Clue #5 is going to be super simple - like cut 96 squares and be done.
She mentioned a couple times her schedule is lighter this year so she may even spread out the clues
another week or so - I don't think she'll do rapid-fire.

I kind of hope one of the clues will be: "assemble these units into this block, make 25" or something like that. Then the next clue and maybe be top assembly & border.

AmyB, I don't think Bonnie would have an 'assemble these units into this block' before the reveal, because that would give away the big surprise. It will be interesting to see if and how her lighter schedule affects the posting of the clues.

Chehalis 12-19-2018 04:42 PM

Friday's clue

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 8178864)
AmyB, I don't think Bonnie would have an 'assemble these units into this block' before the reveal, because that would give away the big surprise. It will be interesting to see if and how her lighter schedule affects the posting of the clues.

Oh I hope it's an easy one we I need to catch up! :-)

AmyBible 12-19-2018 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 8178864)

I know, you're right... just hoping. All the clues seem to move a long at a good pace until the end when all the assembly hits at once. For Allietare she had us assemble quadrants so maybe she'll say, "sew 3 HST and 1 4patch together" and give us a start on the block. :)

toverly 12-20-2018 05:42 AM

I'm hoping for alot to do in Clue #5. Not that I will get anything done before Christmas. It's just that I can't stand the week between Christmas and New Years. That's the fun of these mysteries, she has played it both ways.

Macybaby 12-20-2018 06:04 AM

I'm also hoping for a lot - I have an extra long weekend (work decided to close Monday and Tuesday) and I don't want to start a new project right now, and I also can't get excited about pulling out a UFO to work on.