Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Mariposa 12-17-2018 09:04 AM

Gorgeous units being seen. Nice work everyone! :)

Irish~ Pretty ORL!

I'm still deciding on what color(s) to do for the PP units. I don't have many orange fabrics, am thinking about adding in some pinks, or dark yellows~~

Sync 12-17-2018 11:12 AM

Irish, lovely On Ringo Lake. My ORL is still in pieces but I'm putting the blocks together as my leader - ender for this BH mystery.
Siodach, love that pop of yellow you added to those brown strings. And Battle Axe those oranges are lovely.

AmyBible 12-17-2018 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh everyone's Clue 4's look so good - love the brown & gold.

IrishNY - Your Ringo lake looks great - the sashing really pops.

Joe's Mom - Thanks! I've switched to non-wonky strips and am having a little bit better luck. It just seems to be taking more planning then I feel it should but I'd really like to use up already-cut strips. I have strips from 1-1/2" up to 4" so the fatter strips I'm cutting down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605470[/ATTACH]

Tweety2911 12-17-2018 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am loving all the beautiful clue 4's and the contrast is great. I am disappointed with mine, not as much contrast as when the fat quarters were laid out.[ATTACH=CONFIG]605471[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 12-17-2018 04:28 PM

Love all the beautiful units! These are going to be some gorgeous quilts!

Alva, love your neutrals!

IrishNY, your version of Ringo Lake is terriffic.

Love your bright oranges, Tweety!

Chehalis 12-17-2018 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally decided to go for it and jump in. Everyone's colors and finished clues look so good I want to give it a try. This is my first Mystery Quilt so here goes![ATTACH=CONFIG]605472[/ATTACH]

KalamaQuilts 12-18-2018 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
welcome Chehalis! You must be just north of me?
Even thinking the word Chehalis takes me to Fullers and fresh cake donuts :)

Loving everyone's shared bits
My leader ender is coming along nicely
I can't decide if the pink should be random pops
or all in a line as a real design option
I also gave myself permission last year to not give a hoot if like was by like
turns out I actually like the finished project better with that serindipity...

joe'smom 12-18-2018 08:02 AM

So glad you decided to jump in, Chehalis. I've learned so much from Bonnie's mysteries! Your 4-patches are looking good!

I should be able to finish up with clue 4 today, then it's back to chevrons for my second quilt. I think I will draw lines this time and see how I do with the bonus unit.

JENNR8R 12-18-2018 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Clue 4 only took 3 days... I hope the rest of the clues are as easy as this one.

Sandra-P 12-19-2018 02:22 AM

Love seeing everyone's progress! I finished clue 4 and am ready for Friday. Really am curious as to have these colors and combinations will work.