Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

AngeliaNR 12-15-2018 11:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished up Clue #4 today--I love strings! :)

Battle Axe 12-15-2018 11:30 AM

Feathers...I love that Indian corn fabric.

Kalama....my heart goes out to you. I was so fortunate, my parents didn't have that.

Pink Flowers....I got the Downtown Abbey fabric from Quilted Twins in a BHMQ bundle.

Somehow I have not done well with Clue # 4. I did not use the paper. Bad me.

Barb....you'll do fine. Think of all the stash you will use up.

Kassaundra 12-15-2018 01:47 PM

I am nearly positive it will be on-point

Originally Posted by AmyBible (Post 8176851)
Thanks for the tutorial & pictures Macybaby! Your strings look great.

I appreciate the encouragement AngeliaNR & Lisa - you may have convinced me.

Bonnie's oranges are my yellow so now that I understand *why* she recommend a range of color for orange I will go back through my scraps & stash and see if I have some butter yellow, bright yellows, and maybe some golds.

I am guessing it is important that the strings run vertically vs horizontally. And now I am back to thinking this will be an on-point settings. So fun to speculate. :)

Macybaby 12-15-2018 03:28 PM

I love seeing this clue- love all the brightness. Those yellows are yummy!

quiltsRfun 12-15-2018 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8176928)
I am nearly positive it will be on-point

Seems like a lot of Bonnie’s quilts are on point.

AmyBible 12-15-2018 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm amazed at how fast everyone is making Clue #4!
AngeliaNR - you're using yellow for your orange? So am I - yours look so good I will use them for inspiration. Hope to start my Clue #4 tomorrow. Meanwhile, Clue #3 is finally finished.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605370[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 12-15-2018 05:11 PM

AmyB, all of your colors look so wonderful with your 'neutral.' I think your quilt is going to be wowza.

I am not getting the hang of the wedges with the string piecing. Can anyone explain how this is done?

Sync 12-15-2018 05:55 PM

Well, I still have no power to my electrical outlets in my sewing/dinning room. lol ........... the electrician is stumped ..... he's afraid we might have to open up the wall ................. <sigh> Anyway, I have set up my sewing machine in my bedroom ............. not the best solution but at least I can sew ............ :thumbup:

AlvaStitcher 12-15-2018 07:35 PM

Finished up clue 3 today and have all but 30 of clue 4 made. I already had some paper cut to the width of 4.5 inches and i am gettting 3 units per page. The paper piecing goes so fast. I wish I had more variety in the colors though. Didn’t want to buy more fabric. Will post picture tomorrow of progress thus far.

Pagzz 12-15-2018 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 8176976)
Seems like a lot of Bonnie’s quilts are on point.

well we were talking today while sewing if 25 blocks (12 inch finished) straight layout 5 x 5 with 3 inch sashings to accommodate the bonus triangles (in like pinwheels) but no sashing around the outside of quilt would be 72 x 72 just a guess of course