Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

Battle Axe 11-12-2019 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619620[/ATTACH]Here is a good shot of the 4 of us from the quilt board who were in the Smith Mountain Morning class with Bonnie Hunter. She had her quilt hanging in the classroom (she has this down to a science), but asked it I could put my red one with the twinning border up there too. It's not hanging, but every one looked at it. It did not make the blog pictures. What I sewed for the class time was a light avocado and tarnished brown print. There are about 5 blocks right in front of me, may be 2 rows in. Among the more colorful ones, this did not show up.

We are Battle Axe, givio, SuziSew, and Kp3690. Also known as Marcia, Trisha, Suzie and Kerry. It was really great to put a face with the name. We have been chatting on here for some time.

peaceandjoy 11-12-2019 08:32 AM

Great picture! Bonnie does a great job with her classes, doesn't she? I went to DE a few years ago, as at that time I had not converted any of my sewing friends. Last summer, I went with a friend to PA as it was on her bucket list.

I love your red and gold Smith Mountain! Is there a picture someplace of it hanging? Would like to see the whole thing. When I get to Bonnie's post, I will look for your blocks.

Hope you had lots of fun. How is your weather today? We did not get the 10" they were forecasting, but it is still snowing and very cold.

toverly 11-12-2019 11:43 AM

Great photo! Wish I could have been there. Looks like a great time.

ibex94 11-12-2019 11:49 AM

Very exciting to see your quilt and quilting board buddies here, Battle Axe. Thanks for sharing and I am so glad you got to do the workshop!

Battle Axe 11-12-2019 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
got 5 inches and it snowed off and on all morning. Yes, Bonnie's class was great. I'm glad I did so much testing earlier. It was like my first day of school. Over whelming, so much information.[ATTACH=CONFIG]619635[/ATTACH]Here is the red SMM on the bed.

joe'smom 11-12-2019 03:07 PM

Battle Axe, thank you for posting the photos. It's lovely to see you ladies and the beautiful quilts!

SusieQOH 11-12-2019 03:24 PM

Hello ladies!!! What a nice photo! :)

Sandra-P 11-12-2019 05:28 PM

Great pic! So fun to put faces with names. Must have been a great class with Bonnie.

peaceandjoy 11-12-2019 07:20 PM

Thank you for the picture, Battle Axe. Just love that red SMM. Definitely one of the prettiest I've seen.

TeresaA 11-12-2019 10:56 PM

No lie, I think I'm going to do Frolic in all florals and neutrals except the green, which will read solid. I have SO many florals I don't know what to do with. I'm hoping for a colorwash effect. If it doesn't appear to be working I'll try a plan B (which I don't know yet, ha).