Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

Queenbarbiej 11-30-2019 07:01 PM

I started but realized I forgot to use the light blue color in my four patches. Looks like I will tearing what I have apart. I only did half of the amount. If I make some strips with light blue, then I will have the entire set of 4 patches.

kristijoy 11-30-2019 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8334692)
I started but realized I forgot to use the light blue color in my four patches. Looks like I will tearing what I have apart. I only did half of the amount. If I make some strips with light blue, then I will have the entire set of 4 patches.

I thought you could use either blue? So if you make the other 1/2 with the light blue you should be good! (Unless you only wanted a total of 1/2 the units....)

kristijoy 11-30-2019 07:38 PM

Love all the 4 patches everyone! Candy is a perfect way to describe them! I don't think I'll be able to get started until next weekend...so guess I'll be doing 2 clues at once!

joe'smom 11-30-2019 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a quick finish for me. I plan to turn my attention to preparing a binding tomorrow. I have come down with a sore throat today; hopefully it's gone by next clue day!

Sync 11-30-2019 10:29 PM

Everyones 4 patches look gorgeous. I'm loving these sweet raspberry/blue pieces. Sorry no pictures yet.

SusieQOH 12-01-2019 05:26 AM

I thought I did about a million 4 patches yesterday and when I counted I only had 30 something!!! I'll post a pic later today.

sewingpup 12-01-2019 06:42 AM

oohhh! all your little four patches are fun! Still trying not to start until I get the quilt off the long arm and the borders on another top....did wind the bobbins for the longarm...and cut the borders for the top....oh..and now that blizzard finally hit...and there is soooo muchhhh snowww....I have already shoveled my back door four times so far so my little cairn terrier could go out in do his business...he is not impressed with the snow....this morning, most of my windows are covered with snow...good day to stay in a stitch...but I do have to do a bit of shoveling...my snowplow man probably will not make it to my house until tomorrow....so I am snowed in....got lots of food...cooked a huge roast...so...I am going to stith! (err...unless the power goes out)

Sandra-P 12-01-2019 07:03 AM

Sewingpup, I could get the image of snow, little dog, quilting and a roast for dinner. What a nice cozy description. Hope your power stays on!

Iceblossom 12-01-2019 07:38 AM

SusieQOH, I'm with you... I counted carefully as I was cutting the first time but I carefully cut just half the number of total units. Then I came up a few short again. I think this time I will have enough units! Goal is to get them done before my Sunday morning bowling date.

Thought I was pretty much done Friday afternoon -- and then I counted!

TeresaA 12-01-2019 11:48 AM

I'm starting to think we should have a home for "Bonnie Hunter" wayward toys, those of us whose eyes are already off the prize, LOL...although maybe I'm alone in this, LOLOL.

My rejected 4-patches have turned into a border for an applique I'm thinking about doing....and no, I've never done applique! But even though I've rejected my pieces, it's inspired my quilting. And that's what it was supposed to do, right, inspire?