Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

SusieQOH 01-09-2020 08:17 PM

WMUTeach- that quilt is absolutely stunning!
I have most of the geese done finally!
Sorry everyone, for the terrible expression I used to illustrate
my frustration. I meant it in a humorous way but
it's really not a good expression.

audsgirl 01-09-2020 09:06 PM

WMUTeach, That's a fabulous quilt! The colors are so pretty, and the black background really sets them off.
I like using the 8 at a time flying geese method, but I would prefer more variety in the fabrics. This is my 5th Bonnie mystery, and I finally feel happy with how my units are ending up using Bonnie's technique. I finished clue #6 and have cut about half of the pieces for #7. I'm using a solid for my green. I sure hope it gets used in another clue, although this one seemed to eat up most of the amount I had.

Leslie

ScubaK 01-10-2020 12:36 AM

WMUTeach...such a beautiful quilt!
Kirsten

jmoore 01-10-2020 04:01 AM

QuiltingVagabond, sounds like you have kept up nicely with this year’s mystery and I look forward to seeing your scrappy Frolic. Origamigoldfish, I am hoping that after clue 7 we are pretty much done with the raspberry/framboise fabric because I am also running low...I still have plenty of green, aqua and of course neutrals.
I am away from home for a couple of days but will be standing by (via my iPad) for this week’s Clue 8.

KalamaQuilts 01-10-2020 05:18 AM

clue 8 is up https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...rt-8.html#more
I got up at 4 AM because I forgot I'm still on Jury Duty and forgot to call in last night...not called today it turns out but I was awake by then!

joe'smom 01-10-2020 06:02 AM

Thanks for the link, KalamaQ!

And still no neutrals!

I notice Bonnie did request no guess layouts be posted, as they can confuse people. So it looks like that was a new rule and that's why we haven't seen any this year.

It will be fun putting the sets together; that can help propel us through the geese -- not so many this time!

SusieQOH 01-10-2020 06:03 AM

I like that there's no cutting this week!

Sandra-P 01-10-2020 06:19 AM

Whoopiee! Here we go with clue 8. I did get the pinwheels done yesterday but I waited to do the qsts and the rest until I see what we are doing and those will cut pretty quick. I love that she has said no layouts! That makes this a true mystery! Thank you to our moderator, I think it is Quilt Nan that she has been watching this.

Iceblossom 01-10-2020 06:25 AM

More organization this week and it turns out I would have been fine had I sliced my triangles stacked this time. It's ok though because it was much easier for me dealing with them as squares. I thought they'd be combined with the Parakeet, but thought they'd be in matched pairs.

I'm going to stop and think a moment for my organizational efforts before I get started moving fabric around. But this is a doable clue and we are getting closer and closer.

Is so exciting!

Iceblossom 01-10-2020 07:31 AM

Organization wasn't too much of an effort. I was afraid this was going to be 4 seams at a time again for me, but I'm managing with 3-4 sets at a time.

I put the first 10 or so sets together just as they came up in their boxes/shuffled order. Then I got worried and decided to match up the remainders to make sure I do have maximum fabric variation plus sufficient contrast -- forgot that the pinwheels is only part of the last Clue and was worried for a minute or two when I found I had so many "extras". Only 2 had to get switched because of color or contrast issues, but truly some of these combinations are less than ideal (that translate to pretty awful!).

Once again, I repeat the mantra that it will all be fine fine fine, and at least this is a pretty easy clue.