Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

QuiltingLawyer 01-04-2020 11:46 AM

I’m thinking the unsewn HSTs for clue 7 might be paired with the unsewn QSTs and then the rest might go into a square in square.... now I really want to finish all my clues so I can throw everything up on the design wall!

my guess is there will be one more clue before the reveal. There’s just to much not sewn together and I have a ton of neutrals left that will need to go somewhere!

sewbizgirl 01-04-2020 01:12 PM

Bonnie usually posts the reveal on New Year's Day. Guess she is doing it a bit differently this time. I sat out last year's mystery, so maybe this is a new thing I'm not aware of.

Will be lurking to see your progress. I'm going to wait to see if I like the quilt before deciding to make it. I know, I'm a Mystery Pooper... so be it!

wildyard 01-04-2020 02:26 PM

I am feeling so frustrated right now! I came down with a major fibro flare on New Year's Eve and have been pretty out of it ever since. I am way behind on clue 6 and haven't even started clue 7. I know there is no point in trying to accomplish anything when I am feeling unwell as my mind just doesn't work right. It barely handles quilting math and complex instructions when I'm feeling good, lol. I have only cut a few sets of green for clue 6, haven't even got near the sewing stage. I've read clue 7 and my mind just goes.. arghhhhhhhhh... and I put it away again.
I thought I'd be better enough to do some sewing this weekend, but so far it's not happening. I'm going in the hot tub now, and taking some cbd in hopes of at least having a decent night. Wish me luck!
Hugs and smiles mystery quilters!! Try not to stress too much, have fun!

SusieQOH 01-04-2020 03:22 PM

Linda, I hope you feel better soon! I'm behind on mine too and have no excuse really. Just a bit overwhelmed but I'm going to take my time.
This is my first BH mystery so I wasn't sure how it was going to shake out. Still not but I'm not worried.
I remember the older ones on this board and they seemed really long. But now I can see that it was people going at their own pace. I didn't pay too much attention.

joe'smom 01-04-2020 04:00 PM

sewbizgirl, Bonnie said that because Thanksgiving was late this year, and because the early clues had been easy because of her being away on a trip, we would go a little longer this year.

wildyard, I hope you will be back sewing very soon!

platyhiker 01-04-2020 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cattitude (Post 8347286)
I am saving the clues but it looks like I will miss out on the ‘mystery’ aspect......maybe next year!

If you really want to have the mystery aspect, you do have the option of saving the remaining clue(s) without actually reading through them, or asking a trust-worthy friend to save them for you.

QuiltingVagabond 01-04-2020 05:50 PM

I hope for at least one more clue before the reveal - we haven't used near enough neutrals yet! Maybe neutral sashings? or string blocks? or???

Iceblossom 01-05-2020 06:42 AM

Oh my goodness, it feels so good to get Clue 6 done and off the cutting mat. About 90% of my geese units are perfect, 5% are ok, and about 5% are (to use the technical term) are pretty funky little monkeys.

So goal for today is to get the reds cut, otherwise it is bowling date with the hubby day and not one of my production quiltingg days. I have a few pieces of the over dyes in the dryer now so it was a good time for a progress report/break. I was unable to match the bright red colors by the original dyer and am calling my attempts "the revenge of Pepto-Bismal" but I'm telling myself it will be ok. I got about half of the reds cut from the remaining scraps, the most sets I got out of any given piece so far is 3, mostly 1s and 2 so only about half will be decidedly pink. It should be ok. Just keep telling myself that. It will be ok...

After I leave the board here I'll check my email about the possible new dogs. No phone message from them yesterday.

QuiltingLawyer 01-05-2020 09:41 AM

Iceblossom I feel like yours is going to be so bright and cheery! I love the way you give your colors names and the process you have used. If we lived closer I would want to have a sewing date with because you just seem so awesome!

KalamaQuilts 01-05-2020 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Linda, I'm so sorry you are having a bad flare.
IceBlossom, looking forward to doggie news

My brain is bent, but I've finished clue 7. Making 1/3 size, and different amounts called for of stuff... whew.
I'm saving strips longer than 5" in case I want some more units of something, but anything less I'm cutting down, not waiting till way later and wondering why.