Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Box of Strings Quilt Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/box-strings-quilt-along-t295603.html)

helou 05-28-2018 03:48 AM

so beautiful!

QuiltMom2 05-28-2018 04:58 AM

Keep the inspirational pictures coming! I'm still piecing in between other projects, planning on a little over 200 blocks 40 blocks done with scraps I've picked up from various hiding places in my sewing room. Haven't even touched my official scrap bin yet.

Jane Quilter 05-28-2018 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still working on mine. Ya'll are way ahead. But I am not discouraged: (sorry about the camera angle...)

Conchalea 05-29-2018 03:53 AM

I bought the backing for mine yesterday. Since my triangles are navy, I went with a similar navy backing. My top has 112 triangles, making my quilt 7 X 8 full blocks in size. It’s aboit 50” X 62” unfinished, so it should make a good lap quilt for the couch. It’s 3rd in line for quilting. I’ve almost completed the first quilt in line, with Mystery #19 to be done next. So it will be some days before it’s finished. Plus, summer camp season for elementary kids starts next week & I’m teaching full-day camps most of the summer. The money is good, but it will seriously cut into my quilting time! So I may not have many finishes during the next 3 months.

frustratedquilter40 05-29-2018 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jane the Quilter it is looking good!
Conchalea awesome that you got it to the size that you are happy with and have the backing to get if finished. Heah at least it made it to the quilting pile I have about 10 projects that are started at least and about 7 that need to be quilted too. ;)
So here it is I pretty much tried to stitch in the ditch not so successful on this big beast and it is heavy I used 80/20 batting and a flannel back that I had pieced for another quilt top that I ended up donating to my guild. I used a black tone on tone to bind it with. Done is better than perfect and since I do not have a twin bed in my house not sure where it will end up but is definitely cozy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595145[/ATTACH]

sunrise450 05-29-2018 12:45 PM

I have the tri recs ruler so will get started in a few days. Just have a couple of things to finish them I'll be free to make this. I am playing with the idea of using flannel for the back.

Conchalea 05-29-2018 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 (Post 8067000)
Conchalea awesome that you got it to the size that you are happy with and have the backing to get if finished. Heah at least it made it to the quilting pile I have about 10 projects that are started at least and about 7 that need to be quilted too. ;)
So here it is I pretty much tried to stitch in the ditch not so successful on this big beast and it is heavy I used 80/20 batting and a flannel back that I had pieced for another quilt top that I ended up donating to my guild. I used a black tone on tone to bind it with. Done is better than perfect and since I do not have a twin bed in my house not sure where it will end up but is definitely cozy.

Frustrated, I really like yours. My triangles are oriented the other way. I didn’t think to orient them like you did. Interesting how different people interpret quilts, isn’t it?

Jane Quilter 05-29-2018 07:12 PM

frustrated, I like it with no boarder and a black binding. It looks perfect to me.

AngeliaNR 05-30-2018 10:34 AM

Wonderful quilts--I love seeing all the variations.

Bobbielinks 05-30-2018 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 (Post 8067000)

I have a long way to go, as I am making mine queen size, but this is how I picture mine, with no border and black binding. Simply love Frustratedquilter's