Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Box of Strings Quilt Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/box-strings-quilt-along-t295603.html)

Jaiade 06-13-2018 02:32 PM

Well, I finally finished my strings about a month ago and decided I would do no more. So I put them together and it wasn’t big enough but I was,as they say, done! So then I needed to make it larger. I had some blocks left over so added them with a wide border and I am calling it done. Now to see if I can get a pic posted from my iPhone that I don’t know how to use 😳. I can’t find how to attach a photo.

jclinganrey 06-13-2018 02:43 PM

Thanks. I'm pleased with it. Thinking about making it a littler bigger though.

Conchalea 06-13-2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jaiade (Post 8075922)
Well, I finally finished my strings about a month ago and decided I would do no more. So I put them together and it wasn’t big enough but I was,as they say, done! So then I needed to make it larger. I had some blocks left over so added them with a wide border and I am calling it done. Now to see if I can get a pic posted from my iPahone that I don’t know how to use . I can’t find how to attach a photo.

I can’t load from my I-phone. I have to upload from my phone to my computer & load them from there. The link to load pictures is a pop-up which won’t show up on my phone.

Jaiade 06-13-2018 07:48 PM

Thank you, Conchalea. I am so new to Apple products that just about all I can do is answer the phone. I don't even know how to transfer pics from the phone to the computer, so I can't even do that. And besides having a small screen, the ads on the phone really make it hard to see what you're doing.

Conchalea 06-14-2018 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jaiade (Post 8076039)
Thank you, Conchalea. I am so new to Apple products that just about all I can do is answer the phone. I don't even know how to transfer pics from the phone to the computer, so I can't even do that. And besides having a small screen, the ads on the phone really make it hard to see what you're doing.

I'll PM you so we don’t hijack this topic.

Jaiade 06-14-2018 10:58 AM

Thank you, again, Chochalea. Now to see if it will load. QB says upload failed. No explanation, just failed. Will work on it.

Jaiade 06-14-2018 11:11 AM

Thanks, again, Conchalea. I have the pic on the computer but QB says the upload failed. I'll keep trying.

quilting cat 06-14-2018 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Macybaby;8024898]Here is my starting point. Now to iron and sort.]

Thanks for the picture, Cathy; makes me feel less stressed about the condition of my strips!

Looking at the tutorial, I'm glad to see we'll be working with triangles in rows, not with diamonds and set in corners!

Conchalea 06-15-2018 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jaiade (Post 8076357)
Thanks, again, Conchalea. I have the pic on the computer but QB says the upload failed. I'll keep trying.

I sent another PM about this problem.

Murphy224 06-21-2018 01:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got mine totally finished....well it was done a couple of weeks ago but you know how it is. Here are pictures of mine front and the pieced flannel back. When I started the project I made a bunch of pink and gray blocks but those colors didn't fit in the rainbow, so I used them to make the 44 wide flannel wide enough for the backing. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. It is plenty heavy and warm enough with no batting. I just did some free motion quilting on it, not perfect but great practice you know since it is my quilt.
Thank all of you for the kind words about my Rainbow Boxes of Strings.
Murphy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596228[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596229[/ATTACH]