Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltE 06-23-2014 02:04 PM

JanRN ... and we're glad you did let them out for some air! Such a beautiful grouping. Your jewel tones are so pretty, great FC work and everything so precise!! That bottom left corner is just crying out to be filled! :D

carriem 06-23-2014 02:05 PM

Jan--good for you taking them out of "the box"...now don't let them get hidden too deeply in there they will make a pretty quilt one day.

works4me 06-23-2014 02:54 PM

Beautiful JanRN.

mirabelle 06-23-2014 11:26 PM

Carriem sent you a PM.

JanRN you can keep the rear company with me:D although on the upside I have finished all my charity quilts and ten are ready for delivery tomorrow, with the other six being delivered Friday week. Phew now I can get back to some of these bow's that are haunting me..

MaryKatherine 06-24-2014 03:32 AM

I really like some of these. I really like some of everyone's. It's amazing how everyone's stash is so different. I wonder if Jane traded blocks in her time. Or whether small act of kindness were ever paid in fabric?
MK

gardnergal970 06-24-2014 04:29 AM

Very nice, Jan.
KF was short hand for Kaffee Fassett. I'm just wondering how different shot cotton is to work with.
Second batch of black raspberry jam on the shelf. So rewarding. No sewing. Rain this morning and I'm off to Ladies Group so probably no sewing today. Have a good one.

Anael 06-24-2014 04:38 AM

Beautiful blocks Jan ! ! !

MaryK, yours are lovely!!

QuiltE 06-24-2014 06:57 AM

GGal ... I've never worked with the KF Shot Cotton. Just have drooled over it! :D Loved the colouring of it ... such a subtle blender. It looks/feels like it would be a lovely fabric to work with ... nice body and feel to it.

DHMom ... did you ever get any of it, for a trial run? Any comments?

MaryK ... no answers for you! Know that some have had conversations as they have made their blocks, saying "what would Jane do?". So how many now?

MiraB ... you are amazing with your charity quilts. Add to that, that you make each one ever-so special and beautiful! Do all go to the hospitals? or where are they destined?

Anael 06-24-2014 11:08 PM

Don't like KF fabrics that much but I love the colours of the shot cotton!

Mirabelle, do you have pictures of your charity quilts? 10.......wow, amazing! Knowing your charity quilts are gorgeous I would love to see the ones you just finished.

mirabelle 06-24-2014 11:57 PM

I am home but very tired, traffic on the highway was awful. I will post pics maybe tomorrow in pictures. These ten go to a group called Blankets of Love, a group of 12 ladies who work hard making quilts for sick children, nursing homes and Ronald McDonald house. Along with the 10 quilts I gave them today were 12 little Blankets, these are 28 inches square, no wadding and backed with flannel. They are given to mothers who miscarry after 26 weeks.

I have another 6 quilts that will be given to another group and this group is involved with the new Childrens Ward at the Hospital. This ward is for children awaiting surgery and 7 dolls quilts also for this ward. They wrap the doll in a little quilt and using the doll show the children what will be happening to them. I hope that makes sense.