Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltE 07-18-2014 07:25 AM

Oh my ... 2" blocks ... just your size OKSGlad .... so when are you starting it? :D

MaryKatherine 07-18-2014 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6806643)
MaryK ... I can't wait to see him come to life!! Impressive now, but he will be way beyond that once you have him "built" :D:D

I finally got some DJs done this week ... last night #100!!!!! :)

Do you know what I have planned when I have 100 left.....One hundred bottles of BEER aha!

QuiltE 07-18-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 6806726)
Do you know what I have planned when I have 100 left.....One hundred bottles of BEER aha!

hahahahaha!!!!!!!
Beer? not wine?

We're going to have to get that one covered by The Merc!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

DogHouseMom 07-20-2014 06:55 AM

Well ladies ... I have finally made the first step in the giant leap called Dear Jane. I've been planning (in my head and on EQ) a variation of DJ using all the blocks but having a lot of negative space for a King size. I've also been wanting to do it in shot cottons. Finding shot cottons in the colors I wanted locally proved to be impossible. Stores just do not carry them. So I finally ordered a sampler of the shot cottons online and am awaiting their arrival. Once received I'll choose my colors (I already have a general idea that the background colors will be grey (specifically the Kaffe Fasset "Galvinized" which is silver and copper colored) with a variety of oranges/yellows and a touch of green. My bedroom is a light mint.

OK. I ordered the cottons this morning. Why are they not on my doorstep yet?? :)

QuiltE 07-20-2014 07:07 AM

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is VERY good news!!!!!!!!! :)

Now Hurry Up Mr. Postman!!!!!! :D:D:D

oksewglad 07-20-2014 01:27 PM

Another one succumbs to the pressure!!!:D:D:D Should be a great quilt DogHouseMom

DogHouseMom 07-20-2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6810079)
Another one succumbs to the pressure!!!:D:D:D Should be a great quilt DogHouseMom

I had actually "succumbed" back in the late fall when QuiltE first broached the subject with me. bought the book and software and had been playing with it, and playing with colors. Then I discovered shot cottons and the light bulb went off. I've been searching high and low and cannot get my HANDS on it ... I want to touch it/feel it first before I commit, although from what I understand it has a lovely hand (and I did touch some other shot cotton by a different manufacturer).

Now I need to get REALLY busy and first finish the quilt I'm working on, then do some more specific planning of my DJ as I want certain blocks placed in certain spaces to take advantage of the amount of color vs background of each block in the overall design.

Anael 07-20-2014 11:05 PM

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH great DHM ! ! ! ! Did the postman arrive yet? :D :D :D

mirabelle 07-21-2014 12:47 AM

welcome DogHouseMom, I only have 41 blocks made so we can plod along together, look forward to seeing your fabric selection.

janRN 07-21-2014 04:17 AM

Welcome, DHM. I just heard about shot cottons and I'm anxious to see your selection & blocks.

Mirab, you're ahead of me--I'm still stuck at 19 blocks. For some reason I've been making Christmas runners & blocks. Not like me to work ahead--usually start gifts in December LOL.