Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-17-2014 09:54 AM

QuiltE, I am impressed with all your DJ blocks....what an amazing total in all. I started with the first eight, and my right eye Optic Nerve swelled up and I set it aside. Now, Dr. said my sight has returned, so I am getting myself in the mood to try them again....after the easier projects I fell back on are done...FFC fabric lurks in the QR somewhere. Sylvia, DJ, and TW are all in their own box. Every month Quilting on the Square sends me my Island DJ and Reproduction DJ and they go into the box to open ? some rainy day.

The "I SPY", Confetti, and Mama's Kittens are almost finished....almost...all put together or ready to sew a few seams to finish....full speed ahead into projects between canning jobs.

Beautiful purses...what a nice lovely group of ladies...they look like they know how to have fun...and anyone around them would have fun, too!

MaryKatherine 08-17-2014 10:19 AM

I've been slacking on the DJ 115. I hope to hit 125 before the end of the month and then I can sing

100 Dear Jane Blocks to sew,
100 Dear Jane blocks to sew.
If I finish a block today
There's 99 Dear Jane blocks to sew ..........ad nauseum. LOL

QuiltE 08-17-2014 10:26 AM

*giggles* MaryK ... you are too funny! :D:D:D
hhmmmmm ... I don't think I can manage 125 for month end ... that'd be 16, and I have not done ONE yet for August, and will be 'mostly at The EX til after Labour Day. But you just might have given me a good challenge! :)

Anael 08-17-2014 10:32 AM

MaryK, you make me laugh :D :D :D

QuiltE, great blocks!!! You might be ahead of me by now! No, I'm not up for a challenge right now, I'm working on other projects. Once they're done I might return to DJ. I did not keep track of the blocks I finished with DJ so I don't know how many I have to make to get to 125 finished.

works4me 08-17-2014 12:07 PM

Adorable purses Mary Katherine. And the fox/cardinal are fabulous.

Well done QuiltE. I really like the blue and white combo. Very pretty. It is amazing that no blue will be repeated.

DogHouseMom 08-17-2014 12:20 PM

MaryK .. adore that little fox and his red friend!! And the photo of you ... giggle ... I imagined you looked a bit like your avatar :)

QuiltE .. DJ is looking gorgeous! Can't believe how many blocks you've finished. I'm getting closer to starting mine as I just finished piecing the "Beauty" today and now I'm looking at what border to use. Help in choosing is appreciated :)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...r-t252025.html

mirabelle 08-17-2014 03:30 PM

MaryK what a life like fox, all I can say of your work is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jaw dropping at the realism...

I am bringing up the rear of DJ, haven't made a block for weeks, might pull it out on the weekend and make one, just so I feel like I am still in the group:D:D:D

janRN 08-17-2014 05:14 PM

QE, those blocks are awesome. I can't believe the different blues you've amassed. I think my favorite block is row 5, block 4--looks fussy cut. They're all amazing.

Mirab, I'm in the rear, too. Still stuck on 19 blocks but I've got 43 of the 50 Fab Star blocks made (my obsession right now LOL).

oksewglad 08-17-2014 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 6848476)
I've been slacking on the DJ 115. I hope to hit 125 before the end of the month and then I can sing

100 Dear Jane Blocks to sew,
100 Dear Jane blocks to sew.
If I finish a block today
There's 99 Dear Jane blocks to sew ..........ad nauseum. LOL

This is hilarious......
I so enjoyed the fox coming to life on your blog...missed the cardinal then, and what a whimsical addition. You are a very talented artist...

oksewglad 08-17-2014 06:08 PM

Such a pretty display, QE...Oh the many shades of blue...soothing, shocking, stately...to say the least.

Talk about bringing up the rear....at least you gals have started.

Been a long day...have a good night.