Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

carriem 06-28-2013 04:51 PM

Some great new projects! I will get back to my table runner and bag later this summer and be sure to post them.

works4me 06-28-2013 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now, the tree top is complete. I debated on the words but finally did them using chain stitch. I will most likely do the same on the back once the sandwich is secure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]421631[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 06-28-2013 05:56 PM

Did you ever imagine what pretties these folks would come up with QE? How to come up with a new idea!!!!!! I think I have an idea on the block. FYI I'm one of the reasons QE's not done with hers. I'll take the fall for it, dear friend.

alisonquilts 06-29-2013 04:00 AM

Wow! I am loving the new projects! I guess Canada Day was a motivating deadline...

Damsel - your applique looks insanely complicated, but is going to be gorgeous. W4M - your tree is awesome (I love how the leaves go shooting off in all directions - like friends do - but are all tied to one trunk. Is QuiltE the trunk? Are you OK with being a trunk, QuiltE?!) And the ladies' hats in Janie's hanging have really tickled my fancy.

Alison

QuiltE 06-29-2013 08:45 AM

JanieW ... oh so cute! a perfect combo to use Nancy Halvorsen's fabric with her pattern. Was the fabric used in her original pattern too? I know it was not a new print. Great FMQ!!

W4Me ... great addition of your friend words!! The stitching is so even, it;s hard to believe it was done by hand. Your chain stitching must be very tiny.

OKSGlad ... no, I did not anticipate such great things that would come. I am so sorry ... I was not trying to upset you or anyone with the non-progress of my own FFC project. Actually, I've almost been glad for the delay ... has let me do other things! Besides, it gives me more time to re-think what I am doing with the blocks. I haven't really changed directions, just some fine tuning. Have a great holiday ... and the siggie can be done after.

AlisonQ ... truth be known DDamsel IS insane!! :D So I am a tree? I think that would depend on the kind!!! ... Do I predict a tree project of your own coming up? Hope you have your R+W flying proud and high ... amidst the neighbourhood RW+B banners!!! :D

DDamsel ... you know I love you for that!!! :D

deranged_damsel 06-29-2013 09:11 AM

Insane... Crazy... Deranged.... its all the same to me :D "I are what I are"

QuiltE 06-29-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 6150152)
Insane... Crazy... Deranged.... its all the same to me :D "I are what I are"

I bet you are really channeling Popeye .......... "I 'yams whats I ams, and dats all that I 'yams"
:D:D:D

And we love you this way!

oksewglad 06-29-2013 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6150114)
JanieW ... oh so cute! a perfect combo to use Nancy Halvorsen's fabric with her pattern. Was the fabric used in her original pattern too? I know it was not a new print. Great FMQ!!

W4Me ... great addition of your friend words!! The stitching is so even, it;s hard to believe it was done by hand. Your chain stitching must be very tiny.

OKSGlad ... no, I did not anticipate such great things that would come. I am so sorry ... I was not trying to upset you or anyone with the non-progress of my own FFC project. Actually, I've almost been glad for the delay ... has let me do other things! Besides, it gives me more time to re-think what I am doing with the blocks. I haven't really changed directions, just some fine tuning. Have a great holiday ... and the siggie can be done after.

AlisonQ ... truth be known DDamsel IS insane!! :D So I am a tree? I think that would depend on the kind!!! ... Do I predict a tree project of your own coming up? Hope you have your R+W flying proud and high ... amidst the neighbourhood RW+B banners!!! :D

DDamsel ... you know I love you for that!!! :D

All said in great fun, QE! Now what kind of tree--Maple for the Canuck? And such sweetness comes from a maple tree.

Packing--need a break--DH would wear tshirt and blue jeans every day. Little ticked he has to wear jacket and tie for an evening meal. I'm just laughing!!!!!

Actually you should be DDD dear_deranged_damsel!

QuiltE 06-29-2013 02:58 PM

OKSGlad ... typical farmer! ... jeans and t and skip the jacket and tie ... and of course, leaving the packing to YOU! :D a break and then back at it, then you can put your feet up tomorrow! :D (ya right, :D as though that's going to happen!!!:D)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-06-2013 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so impressed with everyone's fresh and wonderful ideas-project. Mine is still on the drawing board, undecided.

And my sewing room is a mess; gaining on my pilot's license...I pile it and I pile it there...hope to pick up the last two sewing cabinets next Thursday...and fully set the sewing back to order.

Now I am playing "Mother Hen" to six tiny teeny little guineas birds...just hatched last night and today. Very active little guys.[ATTACH=CONFIG]422713[/ATTACH]