Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

mirabelle 09-19-2013 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6298683)
I was just about to say that QuiltE would love more of the fabric but she beat me to it. :)

Dear Jane sounds even scarier to me than The Farmer's Wife Sampler.

There were quite a few of us that worked on the Farmers Wife Sampler AND finished it, took more than a year making two blocks per week THEN we decided to make the Farmers Wife Pony Club quilt 90 blocks that took almost a year.. but what an accomplishment. It really is just one block at a time

works4me 09-19-2013 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6302189)
There were quite a few of us that worked on the Farmers Wife Sampler AND finished it, took more than a year making two blocks per week THEN we decided to make the Farmers Wife Pony Club quilt 90 blocks that took almost a year.. but what an accomplishment. It really is just one block at a time

And I was quite impressed as I followed along in the background. I already have a 3 year cross stitch project on the go as well as the three 3 year cross stitch projects to follow it. :) Sure wish there was more me-time. Maybe one day.

mirabelle 09-20-2013 12:49 AM

works4me you should have joined us we had a ball, and still are, firm friendships were formed over the making of those two quilts.

QuiltE 09-24-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6302487)
And I was quite impressed as I followed along in the background. I already have a 3 year cross stitch project on the go as well as the three 3 year cross stitch projects to follow it. :) Sure wish there was more me-time. Maybe one day.

You could always do it like your MIIHO ...
... two blocks per month after you get your x-stitch done! :D
Now at 2 blocks per month, you'd be done in under ten years!!!!!!
I keep saying mine is going to be a 20 year project! :D:D:D:D

carriem 09-28-2013 05:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got the quilting and binding on my runner....

oksewglad 09-28-2013 05:58 PM

Way to go Carrie! Nice contrasts

dublb 09-28-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6319298)
I got the quilting and binding on my runner....

Now aint that just too darn purdy?

JeanieG 09-28-2013 07:18 PM

Oh that is a great runner Carrie!

QuiltE 09-29-2013 04:59 AM

How nice it is ... hope you have somewhere to use it in your own home, CarrieM!

carriem 09-29-2013 06:13 AM

QE--actually I am planning to give this to a special friend, but with the 2 extra blocks I am making a project bag to keep to remind me of you. :) I don't have a lot of surfaces to put runners in our house, so make them for gifts.