Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

works4me 09-29-2013 06:14 AM

It looks great carriem.

QuiltE 09-29-2013 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6320005)
QE--actually I am planning to give this to a special friend, but with the 2 extra blocks I am making a project bag to keep to remind me of you. :) I don't have a lot of surfaces to put runners in our house, so make them for gifts.

And you'll make really good use of a project bag!
What a great way to include your friend in the FFC.
Sounds like a Win-Win, to me !!! :):)

huntannette 10-01-2013 01:38 PM

Yeah! was finally able to make a few more blocks for my DJ.....will post them when I have a few more....wow my little piece of fabric was not so little after all lol that`s six now!

QuiltE 10-01-2013 02:00 PM

Yea!!!!!!
but heck, don't wait to show them to us ......... as you know, I have absolutely NO patience for THAT!!!!!!!!! :)

huntannette 10-02-2013 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Voila...all 6

QuiltE 10-02-2013 07:48 PM

NIiiiiiiiiiiice ........... you're such a keener! :)

How many do you think you will be able to get out of the one FQ?

Anael 10-02-2013 11:15 PM

With these small blocks you can get a lot out of one FQ :D

Great job huntannette. Makes me want to go back to my DJ....oh well, one day :)

Kyiav10 10-02-2013 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6058799)
Nag, nag, nag!! And here I thought the nagging was over for the evening when hubby went to bed :)

OK ... I've got a few projects planned. I have a scrappy sampler in the making and I plan on using some of the FQ to make a block for that. The other project is finally finished though. Will post pic's of the block ... need to pick the block I want to make first :)

I made a little sewing box. I have one that was made by Singer back in the 60's and I reverse engineered it. I had made one earlier (a prototype) and I sent that to a QB friend in England because I know she loves needle cases. This one ... sadly ... did not turn out as good as the prototype - but here it is warts and all.

First pic is the closed box, second pic is the open box and all the goodies. The seam ripper and other "stuff" sits inside the little box inside the box.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412951[/ATTACH]

I think this is beautiful and would love the pattern for it!

Kyia

huntannette 10-03-2013 03:25 AM

I think I might be good for another six.....maybe more

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6327421)
NIiiiiiiiiiiice ........... you're such a keener! :)

How many do you think you will be able to get out of the one FQ?

alisonquilts 10-03-2013 01:33 PM

I like your first six, huntannette!

Alison