Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltE 07-09-2013 06:22 AM

QNSue ... you really should do a "fowl" project in honour of all your following! :D

works4me 07-13-2013 07:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished. Gave up on hand quilting and machine quilted it, slowly, because of all the curves. Free-form clouds around the words which showed me where to stitch them on the back. Clever, huh? :) Added my label. Hanging tabs will be out of the chocolate brown. Have to remove a stain the embroidery hoop left when I tried to hand quilt and remove a couple of stray threads.

JeanieG 07-13-2013 07:28 PM

works4me - that is just beautiful! Great job!

QuiltE 07-13-2013 07:44 PM

Absolutely Terrific, W4Me!!

So ingenious right thru to the back with the stitched buddy words! :)
(And I really like that backing too!)
Great Label ... tells the story!!

:):):):)

oksewglad 07-13-2013 08:37 PM

Very nice!

Anael 07-13-2013 11:31 PM

Beautiful!

alisonquilts 07-14-2013 04:30 AM

Love it!

And I am very impressed with you decision to embroider the words onto the back in the same place as on the front - clever, and an idea I will remember for future use...

Alison

carriem 07-14-2013 04:49 AM

W4Me--very nice finish for the FFC.

One of these days I will get back to mine...

works4me 07-14-2013 04:57 AM

Thank you all. I originally thought I would stitch the words at the quilting stage and quickly realized they would then be backwards on the back. The back wasn't easy (I finally figured it out at the last word) but the friendship words are on there. I also thought I would stitch veins in the leaves but I like the way the back looks with the entire tree stitched in one line so felt the veins would take away from that. I'm glad I still had enough of the challenge fabric for a frame around the label. It blocks some of the quilting but I like how it looks as opposed to a plain label. Thanks QuiltE for making me think on my feet. :)

QuiltE 07-14-2013 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6176525)
Thank you all. I originally thought I would stitch the words at the quilting stage and quickly realized they would then be backwards on the back. The back wasn't easy (I finally figured it out at the last word) but the friendship words are on there. I also thought I would stitch veins in the leaves but I like the way the back looks with the entire tree stitched in one line so felt the veins would take away from that. I'm glad I still had enough of the challenge fabric for a frame around the label. It blocks some of the quilting but I like how it looks as opposed to a plain label. Thanks QuiltE for making me think on my feet. :)

You're most welcome, W4Me ... I loved how you went with this one, fully creative while moving away from your norms and even found how to add in your love for embroidery.

There's been so many grand FFC projects produced ... so much creativity!
Waaaaaaaaaay beyond what I ever expected we would see.
I'm SO proud of everyone who has taken up the challenge.
And know that others will be following with their projects, when the time is right! :)