Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

LovingIzabella 06-27-2013 08:04 AM

I just came across this thread and must say what a wonderful idea E!! And I just love everything that everyone has come up with to make. Such a touching and binding thing to do!
Hugs
April

QuiltE 06-27-2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 6146647)
I just came across this thread and must say what a wonderful idea E!! And I just love everything that everyone has come up with to make. Such a touching and binding thing to do! Hugs April

There's been some incredible creativity shown ... hasn't there?
I am SO proud of everyone! ....... and still more to come!!! :):):)

deranged_damsel 06-27-2013 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I should stop being a stinker and show you what Im up to.... right??? since it is going to take me the rest of forever to finish it! :D

SO, I pulled that naughty runaway FQ out of my drawer and left it on the desk... and SOMEHOW it landed right on top of my new book on "Hawaiian Applique" and wouldnt you know it!!! I flipped open the book and THERE was a pattern titled "Frienship Flower".... I took a hint and am making the FQ into EXACTLY what it always wanted to be!

the photo colors are OFF, but you get the idea!

!!!ENJOY!!!

QuiltE 06-27-2013 02:47 PM

Guess you were serious, when told us that the FQ had taken a trip to Hawaii!!! :D

Oh my goodness DDamsel .. you really do like challenges! Incredible!

Anael 06-27-2013 11:09 PM

Oh DD, applique :D :D I hope you like applique! I love your Friendship flower. But now we have to wait forever to see the finished flower :D

QuiltE, we expect you to show us your FMQ too :) Janie did a great job on her quilting!

QuiltE 06-28-2013 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6147808)
Oh DD, applique :D :D I hope you like applique! I love your Friendship flower. But now we have to wait forever to see the finished flower :D

QuiltE, we expect you to show us your FMQ too :) Janie did a great job on her quilting!

............ can't quilt, what has not been made!! :D
(and yes I did show you ... see the other thread)

JanieW 06-28-2013 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Candace that is going to be gorgeous. What a clever idea. i love hand applique but hate getting the pieces ready.

My FMQ is OK, but still needs work. I sometimes get lost on where I'm going and have to make an unscheduled move. It's way better than it was in January when I started to seriously do it but there is more practice in my future.

Here it is. I am not completely finished with the details, but have to put it away for a while to get ready for Canada Day celebrations. It's from a pattern by Nancy Halvorsen which seemed appropriate given she designed the fabric. I have had this pattern since 1999!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421513[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 06-28-2013 08:58 AM

Oh Janie, that is simply wonderful! Love it!

works4me 06-28-2013 11:01 AM

dd - wonderful!! JanieW that looks great!!

DogHouseMom 06-28-2013 02:51 PM

Great to see so many new projects coming along here!!

Janie ... love it! I simply love the quote as well.
Damsel ... Ooohhh ... I've not tried Hawaiian yet. Looks like you're prepping it for needle turn as well.
QNSue ... no comments except I love the fabric combo you have. Should look nice with those blocks!!

Sue