Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

works4me 08-20-2014 06:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My challenge block won!!!!! :) :) :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488400[/ATTACH]
I took a long lunch yesterday to skip out to the quilt store.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488401[/ATTACH]
The woman who turns the blocks into charity quilts is at a loss as to what she will do with them. I'll make sure I get to see and photograph the quilt when done.

:) :)

MaryKatherine 08-20-2014 07:31 AM

Congratulations! What a feeling!

oksewglad 08-20-2014 09:13 AM

Yeah!!!WTG, works4me :thumbup:

QuiltE 08-20-2014 09:37 AM

........... posting on the fly, while I have a bit of time .............

W4Me ....... Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I am SO proud of you!!!! Be sure to keep that ribbon front and centre to remind you of how talented you are, when those self-doubts creep by. And what a fantastic (and huge) prize!!! All great things!!!

Thanks Everyone re my DJs ... I'm really liking how they look!
Past the half way point for the centre blocks, is kind of a nice feeling. :)
Though still a long way to go.

Anael, JanRN and MiraB ... you'll get back to your DJs when you are ready! It's not like either of you have been sitting idle! :D

W4Me ... thanks for your nudges to getting me to go for the "only use once" for each of the blues.

DHMom ... awesome quilt! Scrappy but not ugly!

JanRN ... it's one of my favourites too! I haven't done much FC work this time, so that one really shows it. Just not the right fabric/prints at the right time to FC.

I hope everyone took note (see #1250) ... OKSGlad ... is planning to do DJ! :D Yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Looks like you might ahve some company, DHMom!

Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with all of you ..... maybe about October? :)

JeanieG 08-20-2014 09:56 AM

Lovely prize works4me! Congratulations!

janRN 08-20-2014 10:13 AM

Congrats, W4Me--we know you're talented now others do, too!!!

works4me 08-20-2014 11:17 AM

Thank you everyone. I definitely doubt my abilities. Creativity is never in doubt, just execution. I think the new sewing machine with the larger throat will have a big impact on execution. And you guys definitely help.

I have always avoided the primitive patterns and the pre-cuts and have never used the 505 nor the clips so this basket will be an opportunity to try new things. How can I not make the kitty pattern? :) And I already have ideas for the butterflies. No, not Halloween fabric. :D And I donated the etched quilty ornament as a prize for the basket so I guess I get to keep it now.

Yippee that there will be more DJ participants.

oksewglad 08-20-2014 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6849073)
Such a pretty display, QE...Oh the many shades of blue...soothing, shocking, stately...to say the least.

Talk about bringing up the rear....at least you gals have started.

Been a long day...have a good night.

QE quote---I hope everyone took note (see #1250) ... OKSGlad ... is planning to do DJ! :D Yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Looks like you might ahve some company, DHMom!---QE quote

Oh you read way too much in this statement;):D;):D

works4me 08-20-2014 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6852785)
QE quote---I hope everyone took note (see #1250) ... OKSGlad ... is planning to do DJ! :D Yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Looks like you might ahve some company, DHMom!---QE quote

Oh you read way too much in this statement;):D;):D

And this is how she ropes you in. :)

QuiltE 08-20-2014 01:36 PM

:D:DOh but please do take note ..... OKSGlad did indeed say ...........

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6849073)
...............Talk about bringing up the rear....at least you gals have started...........

Soooooooooo it would appear that .............. :D:D:D:D