Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

Anael 07-06-2015 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Bugsy Quilt :) It wasn't an UFO..........believe it or not but I started this one, had to wait for the border fabric and finished it once the fabric arrived.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524415[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 07-06-2015 08:25 PM

Oh sew cute, Anael....those smiley faces make me smile too.

mirabelle 07-06-2015 10:03 PM

Absolutely adorable and the border fabric is perfect, worth waiting for:thumbup:

Anael 07-07-2015 12:29 AM

Thank you ladies :) :)
Yes Mirabelle, I'm very happy with the border fabric. The quilt is in the washing machine right now, fingers crossed the eyes don't run........I always ask myself how permanent a permanent marker will be!

mirabelle 07-15-2015 09:45 PM

Drowning in a Storm at Sew with Jane

1 Attachment(s)
It is finished , binding is on. Hahah it should be in a Storm at Sea with Jane

I spent all day last Thursday at the LQS quilting it on her HQ Avante, had a few problems with the machine and was still there at 5pm when she was closing the shop. She told me to go, and to pick it up when I was on my way home Friday afternoon. She finished the last 3 rows for me.

Thank you to everyone for all your encouragement along the way and also to my special friend for the fabric she sent me. You know who you are. Without all of you this quilt would never have been finished so from the bottom of my heart I thank you all.

Anael 07-15-2015 10:02 PM

Oh Karen, I'm speachless !!!!! You're going to keep it I hope !!! It's stunning and the SAS makes it very special. Now you can sit back and admire your hard work :)

oksewglad 07-16-2015 01:07 PM

I'm awed and cannot imagine what it looks like in real life...what a treasure you have created Karen.

carriem 07-16-2015 07:42 PM

Mirabelle--You did such a great job getting this quilt completed in a reasonable amount of time! I was going to join and still haven't even made the first DJ block yet...one of these days that will move to the top of the list. :) The blocks, sashing, borders, quilting...all beautiful.

mirabelle 07-17-2015 02:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, yes Anael I am keeping this one. I can't remember exactly when I started it, maybe QuiltE can remind me, but it has certainly taken some time to complete. I think I will give little blocks a rest for a while now.... A dear friend gave me the Nearly Insane book (you know who you are) but I am not ready to jump into that one (just yet)!!!!!!

oksewglad 07-17-2015 06:09 PM

Oh so "someone" is passing the small piecing insanity across big water (s).....I wonder how this all got started?:D. Oh by the way working on a mini right now...I don't have time for it, but I had to sew something..no time for a BIG project....