Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/giant-scrappy-swoon-quilt-along-t262524.html)

Irene V 04-02-2015 08:42 AM

Step 2

1 Attachment(s)
Step 2 completed.

givio 04-02-2015 10:47 AM

Oh, your browns look great, Irene V. Are you the one that posted the brown center too? I love browns. They are so warm and seem to be overlooked by a lot of modern quilters these days.
chebalo144, Blue and yellow is one of my favorite combinations. I think yours will look good with the mixture of colors. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
frustratedquilter40, I forgot I have some 30's prints! What a great idea! They are so color obvious/coordinated--it will make it a snap to chose prints for your color scheme. I'll have to think about that, I'll put it on the back burner. :-)
bibliostone, I like the tad of other colors mixed in. The red is so dramatic. Nice!
Thanks everyone for posting! Isn't this fuuuunnnnn!

jclinganrey 04-02-2015 01:46 PM

I have 3 of my 4 flying geese on steroids finished. Have to go run some errands then will finish off my last one.

I don't know about everyone else but I just realized that when I'm cutting my strips, and in an effort to be as scrappy as possible, I'm now cutting one strip at 3 1/2" and one strip at 4" for my HST's, then mixing as much as possible.
Now someone please say, '. . . of course, Capt. Obvious. . . . ' Was I the only one who finally had that 'light bulb' moment??

As usual, please adjust as needed for the size you're making - - - -

Carry on . . . .

kathryn7887 04-03-2015 06:12 AM

cant get the picture to load

I finally had a day off.
Almost caught up

Janice McC 04-03-2015 06:44 AM

Great pix, everyone! They are all wonderful all but I am loving Irene's browns! I'm working on mine but it's slow going as I don't have more than an hour or two free time each week right now. I'm helping a family member prep their house for sale and it's a massive job and I'm exhausted. I fear I will soon fall behind but I'll do my best.

kathryn7887 04-03-2015 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]515775[/ATTACH]need to get the other 3 sides done but good so far lol
kathryn

jclinganrey 04-03-2015 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent everyone!! Janice - hope you keep 'pluggin' along'. Please know we're here to cheer you on.

Here are my STEP 1 and STEP 2:

jaba 04-03-2015 05:29 PM

Love those reds, I may have to make another one!

Irene V 04-04-2015 06:52 AM

Thanks everyone, for the nice comments on my browns. I'm planning red as my secondary colors as I love how Kathryn's and Jcling's reds look. I'm also cutting my fabrics in strips in order to make my squares unless my scrap is too small for a strip. I'm enjoying this quilt-along :)

judy363905 04-04-2015 09:19 AM

Steps 1 & 2

1 Attachment(s)
Steps 1 & 2 completed. I think my design wall will be too small for the Giant Swoon Quilt :). Really having fun with this challenge Jane.