Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/giant-scrappy-swoon-quilt-along-t262524.html)

chebalo144 04-07-2015 11:32 AM

I am going with primary - yellow, secondary - Blue and background assorted white/yellow/blue. Not sure if I will have enough contract between my primary and background. I am working on step 2 now. will post pictures in a day or two when I finish to see what you think.

jclinganrey 04-07-2015 01:25 PM

Keep at it, Janice. Looks great!

Kathryn - that will be fabulous! Please post pics.

Givio - if I remember correctly, you're doing dark blue, light blue and I don't remember your background color. Am I close??

Janice McC 04-07-2015 03:08 PM

Before I got so busy, I was thinking of doing a second GSS concurrently with the blue/cream/yellow but I couldn't decide on what to do. I love this idea of yours so I hope you go with it. I have lots of leftover florals if you need any. Just let me know. I can easily cut some for you if you just want some strips. I look forward to seeing it take shape if you decide to do it.

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7153795)
Thanks gals! I'm having with this too. I have an idea for another possible GSS I want to run past the group:

I was thinking of doing scrappy florals for my primary, greens for my secondary and beige/light browns for the background. The florals would be all over the place in color, size, scale, etc. Can you guys picture this? What do you think? If it's a 'thumbs down' that's okay.

judy363905 04-07-2015 05:08 PM

Okay, Jane. Color choices ..

Blues - main
Beige/tans - secondary
Reds - background

Judy in Phx, AZ

jaba 04-07-2015 05:12 PM

Jane with those colors, your florals would absolutely pop! I think it would be beautiful!!

trish b 04-07-2015 10:09 PM

Hi Jane I received your trade fabric on Monday. It is great. All the florals will be wonderful.
I love everyones color choices and the few pictures I have seen.

chebalo144 04-08-2015 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I completed Step 2 but not certain if there is enough contrast between my primary and background. Attached is a pic. The star does stand out more in person than in the pic. I was wondering if I should add more White to the background. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My secondary color will be dark blues.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516274[/ATTACH]

RN-Quilter 04-08-2015 05:12 AM

Well, I'm late to the party ....but....I have blocks cut (ala Bonnie Hunter) already.......I will pick my colors and commence sewing immediately! :)
When is the next episode coming out? Hope I have enough time to catch up.... :)

jclinganrey 04-08-2015 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by chebalo144 (Post 7157481)
I completed Step 2 but not certain if there is enough contrast between my primary and background. Attached is a pic. The star does stand out more in person than in the pic. I was wondering if I should add more White to the background. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My secondary color will be dark blues.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516274[/ATTACH]

You have a great start. I agree that more whites in your background will make your star pop and give you more contrast.

jclinganrey 04-08-2015 08:00 AM

Welcome!!! After some discussion amongst my fellow Swooners, we decided to step things up to every 2 weeks so the next step will be Sunday 4/12 then 4/26.

I just double-checked the instructions and there a total of 10 steps so here's how it looks to me:

4/12 STEP 3
4/26 STEP 4
5/10 STEP 5
5/24 STEP 6
6/7 STEP 7
6/21 STEP 8
7/5 STEP 9
7/19 STEP 10 - (that's my son's birthday so may adjust that a bit).

This is a general plan and is not chiseled in stone so please don't yell if I'm off by a day or so.