Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/giant-scrappy-swoon-quilt-along-t262524.html)

jclinganrey 03-23-2015 12:33 PM

Very pretty, Givio. What are you thinking of using for your background?

Who else wants to share their color choices?

Janice McC 03-23-2015 01:39 PM

I will Jane. The star is currently blue, the second color will be yellow/gold and the background off white. But that's today. I've had a bit of a change of heart so I'm reconsidering the whole scheme as my blues seem a bit too somber to me and I don't need to feel somber right now. We'll see what happens next week as I'm feeling the need to make it brighter and more cheerful!

[QUOTE=jclinganrey;71382277
Who else wants to share their color choices?[/QUOTE]

jclinganrey 03-23-2015 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Janice - how about you make yellow your primary color. That way, it will be the center star and you could use blue as your secondary color?? Kind of opposite of this: Just a thought -- -

trish b 03-23-2015 08:15 PM

My colors will be yellow with teal and black & white. I have not made a color page yet. Although it may be just black instead. I am cutting fabric.. tomorrow.

DebbieJJ 03-24-2015 02:11 AM

Finally got my blues cut, too many appts. and distractions in the last few days around here. Hope to sew the center together today. Reds or pinks for my secondary color, with white background.....per DH's suggestions.

Janice McC 03-24-2015 02:49 AM

Jane, lol! I'd almost convinced myself to totally change the color scheme until I saw the pic you posted. I LOVE IT just the way you posted it! Blue star, yellow/gold second color. Roflol. That's it, I'm changing my board name to "undecided"!

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7138275)
Janice - how about you make yellow your primary color. That way, it will be the center star and you could use blue as your secondary color?? Kind of opposite of this: Just a thought -- -

Daisy Dew 03-24-2015 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I've tried and tried to add a picture but just can't seem to get it done. Anyone out there care to mentor LO ?

Daisy Dew 03-24-2015 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh too funny! I didn't realize the pic did not appear until AFTER you hit the post quick reply. So being that is so easy I'll see if I can get 2 for 2.
Here is my use for my jewelry drawer liner insert my jewels come in 2 1/2 inch squares! I love the way they show.

givio 03-24-2015 08:44 AM

Daisy Dew, you can use the 'go advanced' button, add you picture that way, then use the 'preview' button to see how your picture looks first before posting it, if you want to try that way. I don't remember seeing your name before. So cute, *little smile* I used that name for my cat. :-) But I spelled it 'Dazy.'
Jane, I love that picture! Love blue and yellow together! Unfortunately, my yellows went into the Florabunda quilt top, so I don't have much in that category. I'm using my blues for the background. Just need to decide on a second color.
DebbieJJ, so nice to get input from your husband! It's fun to work on projects together that way. Nice!

DebbieJJ 03-25-2015 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Givio, yes it's fun to have my dear's opinion on colors and such. He left the fabric selection up to me, but he wanted those colors (blue, red or pink, and white). I think more of a patriotic feel is what I'll go after.
Got my block done 2 days ago, but needed to charge the camera battery. Now the picture won't lighten up and the colors aren't true, but you get the idea..........And it is truly scrappy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514738[/ATTACH]