Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

Tweety2911 12-16-2014 06:14 PM

Jo I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and Prayers!

Windblown 12-16-2014 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have all of the clues cut, about half sewn. I got this fabric for the backing, the green grass like strip will be the edging.
I do want truthful answers here because I don't know if this fabric is too pale in tone for this quilt. It also has a lot of pink in it, I did not use pink but purples and lavenders. I chose it because it has black and purple, pale yellow and lots of different greens. So what do you think?[ATTACH=CONFIG]502794[/ATTACH] Yay, I got a photo to upload.

joe'smom 12-16-2014 08:53 PM

I think it's perfect!

Kassaundra 12-16-2014 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Windblown (Post 7010879)
I have all of the clues cut, about half sewn. I got this fabric for the backing, the green grass like strip will be the edging.
I do want truthful answers here because I don't know if this fabric is too pale in tone for this quilt. It also has a lot of pink in it, I did not use pink but purples and lavenders. I chose it because it has black and purple, pale yellow and lots of different greens. So what do you think?[ATTACH=CONFIG]502794[/ATTACH] Yay, I got a photo to upload.

It is a beautiful floral print and would look good on the back.

Nanny's dollface 12-17-2014 03:52 AM

I must be missing the negativity previously commented on BH Facebook page..maybe I am looking at the wrong FB or perhaps I am reading a different interpretation of the written words . I have seen some posts that depicts frustration and comments about putting the project aside but no trash talk.
I did read that BH asked not to post alternative sewing instructions on her FB, which is within her rights to ask since it is her FB.
This is my first BH quilt.....first time I had heard of her and the mystery quilt project. I will be glad to say I did one....and one is all I will do.lol too time consuming when working full time - leaving at 6am and getting back at 7pm every night. I do enjoy everyone her posts their progress.

nancysp 12-17-2014 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 7011061)
I must be missing the negativity previously commented on BH Facebook page..maybe I am looking at the wrong FB or perhaps I am reading a different interpretation of the written words . I have seen some posts that depicts frustration and comments about putting the project aside but no trash talk.
I did read that BH asked not to post alternative sewing instructions on her FB, which is within her rights to ask since it is her FB.
This is my first BH quilt.....first time I had heard of her and the mystery quilt project. I will be glad to say I did one....and one is all I will do.lol too time consuming when working full time - leaving at 6am and getting back at 7pm every night. I do enjoy everyone her posts their progress.

I am of the same opinion as Nanny's doll face. I usually am only reading the original posts (not all the comments) but have picked up a few pointers on the FB page and cannot remember seeing much negativity. Truthfully, both the QB and FB are keeping me very encouraged and excited to be in this journey. There was one post by Bonnie about a method she removed (for clue 2), which would have resulted in a block that did not measure correctly. I think she was more concerned about people making all of their Clue 2 blocks incorrectly, than her copyright infringement. For those that like to see photos, there are lots of them. QB is my "GO TO", but I really enjoy both. Also, I think Bonnie is following these FB posts and her instructions are getting clearer as we go along. For instance, she clearer now about "unfinished" and "finished" block sizes. Also is addressing pressing more clearly. Lots of FB posts on both of these.

sewbizgirl 12-17-2014 05:49 AM

I haven't seen any nasty comments on the Open Studio page, either. But then, I don't look at it very often. Whenever I've checked in there all looks normal. Glad I missed the drama.

SusanSusan33 12-17-2014 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Windblown (Post 7010879)

It's very pretty for your backing!! And I love seeing your purple- what a nice combination- very pleasing to the eye!

SusanSusan33 12-17-2014 05:58 AM

I rarely have time to get onto this website let alone FB (and nothing more than catch up with family) so I'm glad to stay away from that page. Sounds like people with too much time on their hands...

SunlitenSmiles 12-17-2014 06:08 AM

yep ! who needs Drama, and I sure do not want my 301A catching any ideas ... my BERNIA 1630 (who I sometimes call "The Diva) is kept very far apart for this very reason ... to give you an example...when I am finished with a project or at least the color of thread , on taking the fabric from under the presser foot at the end of the last seam 301A releases the last 3 inches of thread on the bobbin .... 1630 runs out of thread at the first 1/2 inch of the last seam and yes I do set the bobbin low blinking light thing but when you only need six more inches of stitches ...

Their names are 301A and 1630. It is an R2D2, C3PO syndrome.

(hurry up and be Friday)