Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

QultingaddictUK 01-19-2015 10:01 AM

Dogwood I think your quilt is amazing and the backing is a superb choice, you can't be miserable sleeping under that! I am afraid mine is going to be a boring plain colour :(

Emma S 01-19-2015 10:09 AM

Dogwood: That marbeling effect on your neutral really softens the quilt. Love it. Your backing is so much fun. I think one of my favorite things on this mystery was see all the great backing fabric used.

sewbizgirl 01-19-2015 05:00 PM

Lovely results, Dogwood Quilter!

Windblown 01-20-2015 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The winter sun came in my sewing room window yesterday! This doesn't happen very often, it makes it cheerful not too bright. When I turned around I noticed that it had made a spotlight right in the middle of one of the blocks. I just had to show you all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506929[/ATTACH]

It gave me such a boost that I finished all but 3 blocks yesterday, now to get the borders on.

QultingaddictUK 01-20-2015 10:26 PM

Looks lovely Windblown

frustratedquilter40 01-20-2015 10:34 PM

DogwoodQuilter it looks beautiful love your backing fabric !

Windblown I love the purple a lot I think you made a great choice instead of the pink !

Mine went off to my longarm lady yesterday should have it back in about 3-4 weeks will post a picture when it returns :)

thimblebug6000 01-21-2015 07:05 AM

Windblown, your pattern shows up beautifully!

We are sure seeing some lovely photos of this quilt, thanks for sharing everyone.

sewbizgirl 01-21-2015 07:13 AM

Windblown, your blocks are so pretty with the cool colors you chose. The green really "makes it" in my opinion.

mimiknoxtaylor 01-21-2015 08:34 AM

3 blocks finished

1 Attachment(s)
I only have 3 blocks finished but I'm happy with them. It's slow going but I have too many other things I have to work on or finish but I'm doing a little every day. It's encouraging to see so many beautiful quilts finished- or at least close. One plus of being last is that y'all will have them quilted & the stragglers like me can see the different quilting motifs & it will be easier to pick what we want.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507031[/ATTACH]

kristakz 01-21-2015 09:44 AM

I've been plugging away, and have the center assembled now. 3x4 in my case. I mulled over the border design, since I have to adjust slightly for the smaller center. I was going to add 4 inches of solid border before the pieced, but I had an inspiration the other day and by simply reversing the 2 pieces in the pieced border and using half-blocks on the ends, I can make it fit with only the 2" border that the original design called for. It changes the design in the corners a bit, and I have to re-make my 4 corner blocks. But heck, I already have to make 20 more border blocks anyway.
I hope to have something to show for all this work next week.