Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

joe'smom 01-18-2015 02:39 PM

Cindy, that turned out great! You have excellent definition with the blue points at the corners of the blocks, which really fills out the design. Love it!

sewplease 01-18-2015 04:21 PM

Beautiful quilt Cindy!
Trying to finish up step 4 tonight!

whitepine 01-18-2015 04:37 PM

Joe'smom, your colors are looking great and the gold was worth waiting for.

Cindy, Looks great. I like that softer pink.

At first viewing, I too said, "Whaaaat??" But it has really grown on me too. I don't like my particular colors, but some of the other posted have been really beautiful and I like that there is a hidden pattern to look for.

QultingaddictUK 01-18-2015 05:29 PM

Cindy I love yours and I can really see the spin on the main block and on the small blue intersection, you must be really pleased with that. I have yet to finish the borders on mine but the more I work on it the better I like it, would I do another one NEVER, would I do another MQ you betcha I loved and looked forward to my Fridays and was sad when it finished.

VickiM 01-18-2015 05:52 PM

Got my second row put on today...going a bit slowly but trying to work on it as I can. Not my favorite mystery but will wait till it's all done to really say if I like it or not. Some of the ones posted please me, so maybe mine won't affect me badly in the end.:) I still love mysteries...that won't change!

Tweety2911 01-18-2015 08:41 PM

Everyone's finished quilt top is fabulous! Hopefully I can get my blocks sewn next week. I have one more memory quilt to quilt and then the bindings on all 3. Love seeing all the pictures of the different stages in progress also!

SueSew 01-19-2015 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7052896)
I will show the whole quilt again when it's completely finished. At the first showing I did stand back and give them the long view, explained the "movement" in the pinwheels they should be looking for, and they still didn't seem to like it. Oh well...

I am glad so many of you are keeping the faith with this quilt. Like I said before, it is really radical and may end up in a museum show like the one which was in Boston, someday. It is totally different and unique.

If I didn't have the astigmatism, I could surely look right at it fine. I have the same problem with some high-contrast sharp-line stripes and dots prints. Just go cross-eyed. Very disturbing!

Well keep up the good work!

Dogwood Quilter 01-19-2015 09:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]506790[/ATTACH]Mine is done also except the quilting. Everyone's look great. I went wild with the backing.

Windblown 01-19-2015 09:48 AM

Dogwood quilter,
Great job on your GI quilt your backing fabric is just amazing! I love it, mine is just boring.

SunlitenSmiles 01-19-2015 09:50 AM

my backing is flowers in color of pale pink (not baby) to almost red, with green stems tossed on a background of black (Ro Greg for Northcott, "January") for the top and bottom sections, the middle is a strip of (Moda) black and white check in honor of the flooring at the "Grand". Today is the day I am FWQ on DSM .... not the BERNINA 1630, the Singer 301A vintage like the hotel LOL :wave::sew: