Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

baronreads 02-01-2015 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7072834)
I thought it was a lavender!

Really? Maybe I should rethink it.....

baronreads 02-01-2015 01:03 PM

I have another question. I just finished putting my blocks together and now need to cut the cornerstones. Are these supposed to be scrappy? I'm just wondering what everyone did. Thanks!

SunlitenSmiles 02-01-2015 02:59 PM

the grand illusion cornerstones were the four that we made in clue part 5

baronreads 02-01-2015 06:10 PM

I'm talking about the 3.5" squares from aqua in the finale, she calls these cornerstones. They go between the green/white sashings.

SunlitenSmiles 02-01-2015 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OIC well I had several different aquas in my Grand Illusion but I cut those all of the same aqua, because it was my favorite. Sorry I misunderstood. here is the picture again, in case that would help.[ATTACH=CONFIG]508456[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 02-01-2015 08:20 PM

Of the photos I've looked at, people with scrappy quilts have gone both ways with the cornerstones -- constant and scrappy. It looks nice either way. I've been picturing something less bright than my block aquas for the cornerstones and am still considering what fabric to use.

baronreads 02-01-2015 08:20 PM

Thank you and I love your backing!

sewbizgirl 02-02-2015 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by baronreads (Post 7073272)
I'm talking about the 3.5" squares from aqua in the finale, she calls these cornerstones. They go between the green/white sashings.

Yes, I cut mine scrappy, just like all of the other aquas in my quilt.

Terry in the ADK 02-02-2015 06:38 PM

I owe Bonnie a big apology. This is my third BH mystery quilt and they all put me way out of my comfort zone but I always learn something. I too was disappointed at the reveal. It was way too busy for me. Then I realized I put the green and black block strips together wrong. I also had decided to use solid yellow as a replacement for the center square. Finally I simplified the boarders. I did this because I was under a time constrant to get it done!
This quilt is a prayer quilt. I prayed for my friends while I worked on it. He battled leukemia and finally, after 2 stem-cell replacement attempts, passed away just before the reveal. They lived in PR and were in NYC since April for the treament. She has now returned to PR and I am sending this out tomorrow.
Oh, reason for the apology? It has become my favorite quilt! (Even though I have spotted one block done wrong!) Sorry, can't get picture to post.

sewbizgirl 02-02-2015 08:35 PM

I'm so sorry about your friend, Terry... Hope the quilt is a big comfort to his wife. You can always make another one for yourself!