Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

sewplease 11-21-2014 07:04 PM

Podunk P., I love your muted colors, too. Last year I toned things down, so this year will do the brights. I am thinking about doing the neutrals in one fabric and noticed the white with the black pin dots you had. Is that from Hobby Lobby? They have one that's very similar I've used before and really liked. :-)

CindyA 11-22-2014 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 6978405)
I have finally caught back up with all the posts. Everyone's picks look awesome! I am starting to get a little impatient for the mystery to begin.... It's making me second guess my color choices. I went for camo, but really like these original colors. Choices, choices lol

I'm second guessing my yellow but since it's washed, dried, folded, and waiting for me I'm just going to stick with it. It's fine, just thinking maybe I should have held out a little longer for that "perfect" piece. :) Last year I did the mystery completely from my stash, so it was fun looking for some new fabrics this year.

Podunk Princess 11-22-2014 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewplease (Post 6978732)
Podunk P., I love your muted colors, too. Last year I toned things down, so this year will do the brights. I am thinking about doing the neutrals in one fabric and noticed the white with the black pin dots you had. Is that from Hobby Lobby? They have one that's very similar I've used before and really liked. :-)

Thanks Laura. I've changed it up this year but only because I went with her colors for last year's mystery and muted colors are really more my style. I'm not sure where the pin dot fabric came from. I found 4 yards of it on a shelf in my sewing room and couldn't remember where I got it or why I got it. Guess you could say I have a fabric-holic problem (LOL). It's possible that it came from Hobby Lobby because that place and Marshall's Dry Goods are the nearest fabric sources for me.

Emma S 11-22-2014 06:00 AM

Princess: You live close to Marshalls Dry Goods? I would be in so much trouble. If you can believe it, if I traveled that would be one of my destinations. I shop on line but would love to see the store, best place I know for blenders.

Like many of you, the longer the wait the more time to second guess my choices. It's the yellow. Mine is much softer then BH's but yellow is such a strong statement that I think it will be fine. Plus the fabric is all from stash and I like that. I will stick with my first choices, I will..............

dianeinsterling 11-22-2014 07:29 AM

Hi SueSew I'll probably use the multicolor fabric for sashing or borders if the quilt has any. I happened to have it in my stash and it has all of the colors....

joe'smom 11-22-2014 07:44 AM

I have returned to my first favored yellow, which I rejected after seeing my fabrics together for the first time, and thinking they looked awful. I then removed several toned down fabrics, but I think I might have placed blame on the yellow, too, as it does have some darker shading. It looks good to me now, though, so I'm going with it. I'm still trying to decide on a neutral.

nancysp 11-22-2014 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All set with my fabric. Here's a photo. Hope it works. Really testing my photo upload skills because I'm pretty sure I'll need some help after the clues begin.

jolo 11-22-2014 08:18 AM

Got my fabrics all in a humongeous baggie, it just sits there and stares at me. Time usually goes so fast but it has really slowed down these last few weeks while awaiting the start on the MQ. They are so much fun.!!!! Nancysp love your colors..

KalamaQuilts 11-22-2014 08:24 AM

borntoquilt said: just checked in after a few days away.. my my my you ladies are RABID for this new Mystery Quilt. Can I just say CALM DOWN... I want to enjoy Thanksgiving/Christmas with my kids and g-kids.
=============================

It will probably only take about 3 hours to do clue one, no one is setting aside their life for three months.

sewbizgirl 11-22-2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 6979400)
borntoquilt said: just checked in after a few days away.. my my my you ladies are RABID for this new Mystery Quilt. Can I just say CALM DOWN... I want to enjoy Thanksgiving/Christmas with my kids and g-kids.
=============================

It will probably only take about 3 hours to do clue one, no one is setting aside their life for three months.

LOL... that's what I was thinking to but didn't trust myself to reply!

nancysp, your fabrics look perfect for the quilt.

What I am starting to think is, 'Will I like this quilt after seeing so many the same?' I downloaded all the clues for the Celtic Solstice but after seeing SO MANY I am thoroughly sick of it. Every one of Bonnie's 'show and tell' sessions has one or two or more of that quilt being shown, so now I am totally disinterested in it. Good thing I didn't start it. So with the Grand Illusion I just hope I don't get sick of it, too. Maybe I shouldn't look at so many pictures! ;P