Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

DottyD 02-27-2021 12:02 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily (Post 8464491)
Oh my, DottyD, your samplers are gorgeous and I see that well deserved ribbon to the right! I'm a quiet admirer of your journey here (in the process of moving so can't commit) and look forward to enjoying everyone's blocks as you get going! I have read all of the Elm Creek books and have the samplers on my 'to do' list. Thank you for organizing the sampler block show!

Thank you so much for your generous comments ! The ribbon was given when I entered the quilt in the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park here in the UK in 2017 and came first in the Sampler Quilt Challenge. I was absolutely thrilled to bits !!
Maybe once you have moved and settled you might feel able to join us.
Yes the Elm Creek books are really nice and I am reading the Circle of Quilters - which Harriet's Journey is based on.
I have also made the Dear Jane Sampler quilt - and several smaller quilts - sewing has got me through this awful pandemic !
Thank you again.

Mkotch 02-28-2021 03:50 AM

Some samplers

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few samplers I've made - my rainbow Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (which I sent to my niece in the Netherlands) and my blue and gray Loyal Union Sampler (which also includes blocks from Nearly Insane).

More fabrics for my Harriet's Journey arrived yesterday, and I'll combine them with scraps from my stash. I'll add white on whites for the background as needed. Looking forward to getting started, but am trying to finish a few UFOs, too, this month.

Mkotch 02-28-2021 03:51 AM

Dotty, your samplers are gorgeous!

Gagigi 02-28-2021 04:15 AM

Hi Dotty D, Count me in! I have never participated in a BOM but this sounds like fun! I have just ordered the book and an looking forward to the journey.

DottyD 02-28-2021 05:14 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Mkotch (Post 8464632)
Here are a few samplers I've made - my rainbow Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (which I sent to my niece in the Netherlands) and my blue and gray Loyal Union Sampler (which also includes blocks from Nearly Insane).

More fabrics for my Harriet's Journey arrived yesterday, and I'll combine them with scraps from my stash. I'll add white on whites for the background as needed. Looking forward to getting started, but am trying to finish a few UFOs, too, this month.

Hi Marianne,
Your samplers are lovely - thanks for sharing. I like the way you have set your blocks on point on your LUS !

DottyD 02-28-2021 05:15 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Mkotch (Post 8464633)
Dotty, your samplers are gorgeous!

Thank you so much !!

DottyD 02-28-2021 05:16 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Gagigi (Post 8464637)
Hi Dotty D, Count me in! I have never participated in a BOM but this sounds like fun! I have just ordered the book and an looking forward to the journey.

Welcome Gagigi, so pleased that you wish to join us !

Teen 02-28-2021 09:44 AM

Dotty..samplers are as beautiful now as I had first saw them...

mkotch....your samplers are equally beautiful...the rainbow Sylvia is stunning...

oooo...more peeps joining!! How fun!

DottyD 02-28-2021 09:53 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8464715)
Dotty..samplers are as beautiful now as I had first saw them...

mkotch....your samplers are equally beautiful...the rainbow Sylvia is stunning...

oooo...more peeps joining!! How fun!

Aww thanks Teen !!

Yes we have 16 ladies joining us ! How exciting.

DottyD 02-28-2021 09:58 AM

I have sent a private message to PatriceJ ( two weeks ago ) to make sure that it is OK to have this thread in Blocks of the Month Thread as someone wondered if maybe it should be in Challenges. As yet I haven't had a reply, so if by any chance this thread does get deleted look for it in Challenges. I have a list of your names so I will let you know if Harriet does get deleted !