Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

DottyD 02-14-2021 08:29 AM

Hi Linda, I totally agree with your comments and perhaps would say I will assign one block each week and an open invitation for anyone to make further blocks of their choice if they wish ! Please can I have everyone's thoughts ?

craftiladi 02-14-2021 09:12 AM

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Chiaverini so I had to go check out the book & got sucked in the rabbit hole at amazon lol I love to read as much as I love to sew. I am on the fence about joining, every time I do commit life has a way of getting in the way lol

givio 02-14-2021 11:03 AM

Dotty, I believe you will need to ask PatriceJ if you have the correct Forum for your group. She might want the thread in the 'Challenges' Forum. When I originally found the 'Old School Block of the Month' here, it was moved from this thread to the other thread. I'm not quite sure why BOMs and BOWs are in the Challenge Forum....

DottyD 02-14-2021 11:15 AM

Thank you very much givio - how do I contact Patrice please to ask her ?

QuiltingPansy 02-14-2021 11:27 AM

I am interested in a sew a long as well. Mkotch told me about this thread-so I have registered to follow along. I have the book, but have not thought about fabrics for the quilt yet. I wonder if it would look good in solids....

DottyD 02-14-2021 01:13 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by QuiltingPansy (Post 8460961)
I am interested in a sew a long as well. Mkotch told me about this thread-so I have registered to follow along. I have the book, but have not thought about fabrics for the quilt yet. I wonder if it would look good in solids....

Great to hear you would like to join us all !

DottyD 02-14-2021 01:18 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by craftiladi (Post 8460925)
I am a huge fan of Jennifer Chiaverini so I had to go check out the book & got sucked in the rabbit hole at amazon lol I love to read as much as I love to sew. I am on the fence about joining, every time I do commit life has a way of getting in the way lol

Hi Dee,
Feel you can just jump in whenever you would like to !

DottyD 02-14-2021 02:06 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8460954)
Dotty, I believe you will need to ask PatriceJ if you have the correct Forum for your group. She might want the thread in the 'Challenges' Forum. When I originally found the 'Old School Block of the Month' here, it was moved from this thread to the other thread. I'm not quite sure why BOMs and BOWs are in the Challenge Forum....

Hi givio - I think I have managed to find out how to send a message to Patrice - so hopefully will have a reply soon - thanks again for the advice !

toverly 02-14-2021 05:53 PM

Sounds great DottyD! I think a block a week is a pretty good schedule. They are small and shouldn't take too long to complete, or to catch up.

Sharongn 02-14-2021 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8460954)

I'm confused about this too. SusieQ had posted a Riley Blake BOM in another forum then I put it here but a moderator moved it to the links section. I don't know why so I would like clarification about this. I replied to the PM I got but haven't heard back yet. if I hear anything I'll post it.