Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

oksewglad 12-20-2018 03:38 PM

Look at those kids, Anael...all healthy and strong!

Yes I sewed clothes, too and still would have trouble with the circles MacyBaby so beautifully sewed!

Sewing for me these days...I blame it on the patterns not my body shape...my story and I'm sticking to it. It's been years since I've sewn for myself!

Macybaby 12-21-2018 08:01 AM

I just ordered Infinity - that will be a fun one to do.

I'm trying to get more creative with my LA quilting. I look online at some of the amazing quilting out there and that is what I aspire to create. Something where the quilting is as much of the design as the peicing. Don't know if I'll ever get there.

But most of the time I'm going for the "finished is better than perfect" and just do a more simple quilting pattern so I can get on to the next one lol!

Judith1005 12-21-2018 12:33 PM

Happy Birthday Anael! Your grandchildren are sooo adorable. It seems on of the twins had a great growth spurt. lol They are so cute. And, their Christmas tree is beautiful.

Macybaby, stunning quilt. Love the colors and pattern!

Teen, congrats on the pending contract. I do hope everything goes through alright!

Teen 12-21-2018 03:05 PM

Thank you, Judith..

Macybaby....maybe the LA quilting is the challenge you are looking for in your quilt making. Every quilt you create is stunning regardless but I hear ya about "just finishing". I hope to become more proficient in machine quilting, too. Can't wait to LA shop and begin learn this machine.

Judith1005 12-22-2018 11:32 AM

Ladies, my daughter just posted my grands Santa photo. I think it's hilarious. None of them are touching. Poor Santa got left out in the cold. They must have had He/She's touching me syndrome going on. It made me laugh.

https://i1189.photobucket.com/albums...17439744_n.jpg

Anael 12-22-2018 02:07 PM

Lovely photo Judith!!

Yes OK, healthy and strong! Who would have thought........
Judith, the twins were born 14 weeks early almost 6 years ago. Bram, the boy on the left, was very sick for a long time and that's why he's still so small. Doesn't matter, he's healthy and that's all that counts!

Teen 12-22-2018 04:18 PM

OMGoodness, Judith.....what a crack up! The two little ones are like "no, you go first..." And your grandson..."get the shot and let me go".... Just adorable! The striped leggings are so cute but you know how I feel about polka dots!! Love her Minnie dress!! Lovely grands!

Judith1005 12-22-2018 04:58 PM

Thanks Anael, thanks Teen.

I guess Emmy was sick. The little one in polka dots. And, big sis was trying to reassure her (as much as a 3 year can), that Santa is an okay guy. And, sweet Brantley, he just does not like to take pictures much anymore. P.S. Those little chubby legs in leggings get me every time. And, so do little chubby feet in silver sparkly shoes. lol

Anael, are the 2 smaller ones the twins? I think I got mixed up. I thought the bigger boy and the girl were the twins. I am so glad to hear that Bram is doing well now. You definitely cannot mistake them for family. They look so much alike. They really are darling! I love photos that are just quick snap shots. They seem to come out so good.

Anael 12-23-2018 10:46 AM

Yes, those are the twins. You can't tell, I know. Bram was 1.23 lbs at birth, Isa 1.65

Judith1005 12-23-2018 01:47 PM

Anael, I think you are on "Happy Christmas Eve". I think with the time change.

My youngest was born at 3.5 lbs but went down to 2.16. I know what that kind of little looks like. She passed 15 mths after she was born at 15 lbs. It was her time. She too was born not quite right. She fought hard. But, it just never came around for her. She would have been a grown up now. 22 years old. I love to here of the successes. And your twins are two little miracles.