Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

oksewglad 10-13-2018 06:00 AM

After doing the Baker's Dozen search, I immediately thought of old Dutch designs. Hey we learn something new everyday!

Anael 10-13-2018 06:22 AM

We sure do!!!!

Anael 10-13-2018 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Something which made me very happy when I saw it. I went to a tree park today (Arboretum). I had a great time! Will post more pictures in my album.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602480[/ATTACH]

Anael 10-13-2018 09:03 AM

When you're a member of the Jen Kingwell facebook group (or the Gypsy Wife group) you might have seen a finished GW quilt which just has been posted. Sometimes the quilting ruins the whole quilt......and this is the case with this one IMHO. It's not heavily quilted, it's just quilted in such a way that you have a hard time recognizing the individual blocks and their patterns.

Teen 10-13-2018 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8142376)
Last night I couldn't sleep - happens quite often - and I thought about doing a Kingwell quilt in different fabrics, like lace, velvet, wool, silk....you name it. What do you think? It's just a thought!
I never made a crazy quilt but I think that's what they're using too?

I've been collecting antique lace edged/embroidered hankies and lace doilies to make a quilt with one day. Have no idea what pattern I will use...it's on my bucket list and I have quite a collection going. I just pick up lace when I go to antique shops. Crazy quilts do look cool using the different fabrics...and designer stitches etc. that would be a fun project. I can't think of Kingwell pattern to use for this off the top of my head. Maybe My Small World would be kind of neat doing this.. It's a small enough quilt with unique designs...curved piecing with lace etc. just thinking out loud...lol

Teen 10-13-2018 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8142558)
When you're a member of the Jen Kingwell facebook group (or the Gypsy Wife group) you might have seen a finished GW quilt which just has been posted. Sometimes the quilting ruins the whole quilt......and this is the case with this one IMHO. It's not heavily quilted, it's just quilted in such a way that you have a hard time recognizing the individual blocks and their patterns.

I believe I saw the GW quilt you are referring to. I didn't really care for it.

I am almost done quilting Santa main blocks. Then onto quilting borders...then scalloped edge. So close. Hope to work on it for a few hours tomorrow.

Anael 10-13-2018 10:00 PM

It's the one with the matching pillows.

Teen 10-15-2018 06:19 PM

Tomorrow, I am cutting the scalloped edge on Santa. It's measured and marked but thought I'd be fresh in mind and spirit before whacking away on it. So glad quilting is done... Phew...

oksewglad 10-15-2018 06:29 PM

That first cut is the worst...good luck on the scalloped edge. I've never tried one.

Anael 10-15-2018 09:21 PM

So you kept your special ruler! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!!