Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Teen 10-04-2018 11:29 AM

Thank you, all... Working on sandwich today and hope to start quilting this weekend. I ordered the scallop ruler from QIAD. Open House on Saturday....fingers crossed!!

Anael 10-04-2018 11:56 AM

Oh how exciting!!! About the Open House I mean ;)

oksewglad 10-04-2018 02:27 PM

Good luck on the home sale, Teen!

Blue Bell 10-04-2018 05:22 PM

Your Santa quilt is awesome. Like the idea of the trees instead of pieced blocks and the green border is perfect.
Wishing you good luck at the open house.

Judith1005 10-05-2018 06:06 AM

Good luck on your open house Teen! I hope you get a great offer quickly.

Your Santa quilt top looks fabulous!! I love the addition of the trees. Your quilt is wonderfully balanced. I know your going to enjoy displaying that quilt top at Christmas. Your applique is second to none!! Simply awesome!!

Anael, I didn't realize there were so many pineapple blocks and churn dash blocks in this quilt. They are really great. And your pineapple blocks take on a cool secondary design when they are put together. Really really great job. The top looks awesome!!!

Anael 10-05-2018 06:18 AM

Thank you Judith! Yes there are.....:) In other quilts there are even more churn dash blocks (and other blocks LOL)!!!

Teen 10-05-2018 06:38 AM

Thank you, Blue Bell and Judith!!

Teen 10-05-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8136641)
Thank you Teen!!

Well, why are there two lines on the templates then? One for..........and one for????????? If they are exact size, why is there a second inner line? I know your name is not Jen Kingwell :D :D
Not sure if I"m going to start Happy Birds. I might start Midnight at the Oasis and let you do the Happy Birds. That way you can tell me what to do and more important, what NOT to do :D :D .

Anael...I finally pulled the pattern out of the box I packed it in...lol.. To answer your question...

The directions are a bit confusing; however, at the end of the sentence it says "or use precut papers with 1" side measurement". If you measure a side on the inner line, it is 1" so this is the finished size of hexi. The outer line is the seam allowance. Go forth and whack that fabric...lol...

QuiltQtrs 10-05-2018 04:22 PM

RE: Jen Kingwell "Gypsy Wife" booklet. After purchasing, and reading several times, sorting fabric scraps, etc. I have decided to use all my assorted sizes/patterns of blocks already sewn to attempt this quilt. Planning to use 2" strips rather than the 1 1/2" in book, and will use graph paper to design my quilt top following her photos/ideas.

Teen 10-05-2018 05:41 PM

Quiltqtrs..... Sounds like a great way to use up some scraps and unique design with the wider strips. I haven't attempted this pattern yet but others here have with great success. looking forward to seeing your progress pictures and welcome to the Kingwell group.