Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

daisyboo9 03-03-2010 04:44 PM

well Kyia I would be willing to be paired up, maybe we need a mommy or daddy that would like to have twins! LOL

BKinCO 03-03-2010 04:51 PM

Congrats to all the new adoptees :) Some of us are like the poor puppies in the window not getting picked ;)

mom-6 03-03-2010 05:21 PM

Add me to your list! I like doing it all by hand but would eventually like to do some by machine as well...it's just not as portable that way. So far have only done designs with squares and rectangles. Need to finish my WIPs before I start anything new. Guess I'd better get off here and get to stitchin'...lol.

MadQuilter 03-03-2010 05:22 PM

I ran this thought by crazyquilter and she said she had also thought of it so to go ahead and post:

Just a thought here - not wanting to throw a wrinkle in the plan: Would it be beneficial to connect mentor and mentee in the same time zone? I have friends in the mid-west and family in Germany so I know how hard it is to plan phone time - let alone be spontaneous?

I was hoping to hook up with mosquitogirl in Placerville coz we could actually meet in person (if interested) - not wanting to cause waterside any grief though. No divorces in the QB allowed.

What do you all think?

Greetings from CA

ilovequilts 03-03-2010 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am working on my second quilt! I made a t-shirt quilt first, and I am now making a dinosaur quilt for my nephew, and I think it's safe to say I'm addicted and even safer to say that I need lots of help! :)

tkhooper 03-03-2010 05:34 PM

We are now a group activity.

on the quilting forum page go to the bottom and look for group activities Quilting Adoptions. If I missed you please pm me. I do try my best but there were a bunch of people to add. Also correct me if I got your information wrong.

Brushandthimble is right this is some adventure.

brushandthimble 03-03-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I ran this thought by crazyquilter and she said she had also thought of it so to go ahead and post:

Just a thought here - not wanting to throw a wrinkle in the plan: Would it be beneficial to connect mentor and mentee in the same time zone? I have friends in the mid-west and family in Germany so I know how hard it is to plan phone time - let alone be spontaneous?

I was hoping to hook up with mosquitogirl in Placerville coz we could actually meet in person (if interested) - not wanting to cause waterside any grief though. No divorces in the QB allowed.

What do you all think?

Greetings from CA

I was sort of hoping for the same thing, oh well...

Deb watkins 03-03-2010 06:01 PM

Oh my gosh, I have twins. Countrygirl and Star.

Rhonda 03-03-2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Now your panda is really looking happy!!! congrats on the twins!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

STAR 03-03-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: