Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

Karen 03-11-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
Wow Karen. That's a really cool quilt. I see how sashing is going to be interesting with the pieces that lie outside of the square.

Thank you for the compliment! This is the blocks that I learned to hand piece on. I took classes at our library just over a year ago! The only problem being... we never totally completed a quilt.

quiltlaker 03-11-2010 07:52 AM

Morning: In need of adoption- don't eat much, am willing to follow directions and am good off the leash. Will purr, bark or ? when best pleased.
Thanks

sewmuchmore 03-11-2010 07:57 AM

I am up for adoption!!

Originally Posted by PALS65
I would love to adopt a "newbie". I am new to the board but have been quilting for 18 years. My favorite part is piecing. I do quilt my small project but send my big ones to a long arm quilter. Right now my favorite thing to work on is miniature quilts. Please let me know if I can help you.

quiltlaker 03-11-2010 08:14 AM

Many thanks. I started in a Bee group in October; have made more errors then I care to admit to, but I am still trying. This week I am making a 24" courthouse steps neo- natal quilt. Put all the pieces together, now need to square it up, put on a back and put on a border. Have no idea how to meander so will have to figure out a way to quilt it. Do not have a walking foot for my old JC Penney machine. Any suggestions?

PALS65 03-11-2010 08:45 AM

I could adopt both of you, Quiltlaker and sewmuchmore!!! I am off to a quilt retreat for the weekend but will be back Monday. Since I am new to the board what is the best way to get in contact with each other?

ScrapQuilter 03-11-2010 10:04 AM

I am willing to adopt anyone who would like me too.
Just send me a message if you want me.............
scrapquilter

sewmuchmore 03-11-2010 10:23 AM

PM me and give me your phone number I am in Georgia but I have a free line.

Originally Posted by PALS65
I could adopt both of you, Quiltlaker and sewmuchmore!!! I am off to a quilt retreat for the weekend but will be back Monday. Since I am new to the board what is the best way to get in contact with each other?

katastrofy1967 03-11-2010 10:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I think this is a GREAT Idea, I have made on ONE quilt, and although I pieced it all by myself my mother-in-law helped with the finishing and it was machine quilted. I was in a motor vehicle accident and quilting was suggested as a form of therapy for me since I had a Traumatic Brain injury. I now love it, but I live about 5 hours from my Mom-in-law and would love someone to take me under their wing, so to speak. The bindings, I have no clue, and anything other than a nine patch or very simple pattern I am lost on how to to do.

I feel like one of those puppies at the humane society that needs a new home. hehe. Anyway, this is my story, if anyone wants to take on a true NEWBIE. =) I have attached a picture of my one and only quilt.

amma 03-11-2010 10:55 AM

I love all of the quilts that you all have posted :D:D:D
Good Job All :thumbup:

Karen 03-11-2010 11:15 AM

Kat,
That is a beautiful quilt! There are alot of wonderful on this board and I am sure they will help you. I have been given help by just asking the ladies that are in the swaps I am in.