Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

Clarefly 07-12-2010 08:56 AM

What an absolutely cracking idea! As a total complete newbie I'd love to be adopted. I'm in the UK and would love to tap into some quilting expertise as I don't have much idea how to get started.

neenie1 07-12-2010 09:59 AM

Yes, I too would like to be adopted. Please hurry though because I am not a youngster anymore. I know how hard it can be to adopt older but I need help with my new Brother Pe 780D embroidery machine. I would really like to learn this and I bought the software Pe 8 to go with it. I just started a couple years ago, quilting and have made several baby quilts, a doll quilt, and now finishing a wall hanging plus have a stash full of kits. I think I might be a collector instead of a doer. I also would like to get better at applique and I can't seem to get the free motion quilting together. I use a Bernia Activa 280 for my quilting. I live in Colorado and do know several great quilter's but they do not do embroidery or applique. If you would like consider me please leave me a message. Neenie1

Quilt Mom 07-13-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by neenie1
I think I might be a collector instead of a doer.

You will find a lot of us in the same boat. :lol:

Wish I could help you, but your machines are so beyond me! I have a 'vintage' machine that does most of what I need. But I still need to learn applique, myself. I hope you can find someone who will help.

neenie1 07-13-2010 01:29 PM

Thanks for thinking of me. I am starting to cut into my stash so I should be able to get some more quilts done before Christmas. I did join the applique technique class on Connecting Threads so I know that will help me some but sometimes it just helps to have someone to bounce ideas and some techniques off of.

jolo 07-13-2010 03:31 PM

Sorry I dont have an embroidery machine, I only do needle turn applique by hand.

LAQUITA 07-13-2010 07:09 PM

Ohohohoh ME ME (HAND WAVING) I;m a newbie here and in quilting this time. P-L-E-A-S-E someone adopt me.....

judikay 07-14-2010 07:58 AM

I need help in finding an Irish theme for 1 12x12 quilt block for a statewide quilt project. any ideas????

Philarena 07-14-2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by neenie1
Yes, I too would like to be adopted. Please hurry though because I am not a youngster anymore. I know how hard it can be to adopt older but I need help with my new Brother Pe 780D embroidery machine. I would really like to learn this and I bought the software Pe 8 to go with it. I just started a couple years ago, quilting and have made several baby quilts, a doll quilt, and now finishing a wall hanging plus have a stash full of kits. I think I might be a collector instead of a doer. I also would like to get better at applique and I can't seem to get the free motion quilting together. I use a Bernia Activa 280 for my quilting. I live in Colorado and do know several great quilter's but they do not do embroidery or applique. If you would like consider me please leave me a message. Neenie1

:P Hi, Neenie1! I'm down in Florida; but between email and a cellphone and Skype we could probably manage quite well. I have the new Brother Quatro 6000D which Sews, Embroiders, Quilts, and Crafts. This is my second Brother machine and I kept my PE 5 software from the old machine to work with this machine. I recently got it updated by Brother for free and I felt it was working well enough to warrant keeping it instead of buying new software. I would be willing to tell you what I know about using a Brother Embroidery machine. I'm really still a baby as far as quilting is concerned. I've only been quilting for two years; but I've had a Brother Embroidery machine for about ten years. If you are interested and think I might be able to help you, just send me a private message.

zaza 07-14-2010 07:27 PM

Stuck in the middle with you. I'm not a newbie nor experienced. Just love toquilt. Some turn out great and others I'm ashamed to call mine, (but I do because they all take time to do). Sophie

zaza 07-14-2010 07:29 PM

Maybe I can help if you tell me what state. Sophie