Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

Clarefly 07-31-2010 10:33 AM

Well I didn't manage to get adopted via this board but I have found a Quilting Mommie! My good friend Hilary has agreed to tutor me through the stages and we're going to record my progress. I'm really excited and looking forward to staring after my vacation.

Philarena 07-31-2010 11:47 AM

Well, that will work out great for you because you will be able to share your work and actually see what your friend is trying to show you. That will actually make it easier for you to learn things. I wish you well, and keep us posted on your progress! You know how we all love pictures!

Clarefly 07-31-2010 01:05 PM

Thanks Philarena - I'll post the pictures

tdgiffin 08-01-2010 05:48 AM

Please adopt me. I am Dawn too, and I am a total beginner. I am using an instructional video because i have no one to help me. No one in my family does this, and the local quilt shop wants me to pay for help. I am a teacher on disability for the year (no pity - I am happy to be able to stay home and get well), so I am limited on resources and money. Anything I can learn to do a good job, and also quilt on a budget, would be great! :thumbup:

tdgiffin 08-01-2010 05:54 AM

I need a Mom! I have only been at this a few months. if anyone is patient, and knows how to quilt on a budget, I am your daughter, and yes, a quilting Dad would be great too! :thumbup:

Sandy-lou 08-01-2010 06:30 AM

Hey Dingle will a girl do, you can be my DaddY if you like.

badjujumama 08-01-2010 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Now that I'm moved and somewhat settled I'll adopt a newbie. I paper piece and do machine applique.

Can I be your newbie if you haven't already adopted?

jolo 08-01-2010 07:25 AM

If I can help someone I would be so happy. I adopted Ilovejunkand stuff. she lives close to me and can come over often for help. I do so enjoy this,and her . She is fantastic and her work is beautiful.

cherylynne 08-01-2010 03:17 PM

I am not a new quilter, but I have a rather limited number of quilting skills. I have machine and hand pieced, but I tend to stick with easier patterns. I make bags, tried PP and have rented time on a longarm. I want to learn hand and machine applique. I am really interested in learning to FMQ on my sewing machine. I have tried and I just can't get the knack of it. A mentor would be nice.

mstandridge 08-01-2010 03:31 PM

I could become your quilting mommy. I have been at this for a few years, (about 39 years). I love FMQ, peicing, machine applique, I make everything from wedding dresses, to heirloom baptismal qowns from christmas stockings to queen sized bed quilts, purses, totes. I am not working now and have spare time and know what a limited budget means. I have been teaching quilting for 2 years and have one 10 year old I have worked with for two years. Plus have lead groups for tablerunners and christmas trees skirts (using a 10 degree wedge ruler).