Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Quilt Challenge! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/quilt-challenge-t2938.html)

dsb38327 04-09-2010 11:59 AM

35 pages on one post. Fabulous!

gollytwo 04-10-2010 05:44 AM

Mile a Minute block: when you have a large enough piece to cut a square, Carol Coski, who I think started this back in the mid 90s, had us cut the blocks with the squaring template angled. I've always done mine with a point of the square template headed north (strange description, but can't think how else to describe).
I'm having fun now doing Crumb blocks, which I learned about from you all.

Lucille A 04-11-2010 01:31 PM

sounds like fun. A local lecturer and teacher in our area, Elizabeth Broussard, just did a program for our guild on using scraps.

When would this be due?

Lucille

Naiscoot 04-12-2010 09:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
All ready started using my scraps, but all are spoken for, in the hands of our Parish Nurse to give to our shut ins. So I guess I miss out on the judging. Boy, that's a good idea to aquire quilts and not make them yourself.

just one of many
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54953[/ATTACH]

favourite scrappy quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54954[/ATTACH]

quick and easy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54955[/ATTACH]

MrsJRhine 04-13-2010 07:26 AM

Naiscoot,
I love your scrappy quilts those are great..Now I'm wanting to know something..How do you make the boarders for the top 2 quilts that you have in the photos? I like the idea of putting the boarders around your blocks just not sure of how to do it haven't tried it as of yet..Teaching myself how to quilt..
Thanks alot
Jennifer

quiltbug1853 04-13-2010 08:10 AM

thanks for the quilt scrap challenge i am going to get 10 finished by christmas for my family. thanks quiltbug1853

rhueluna 04-13-2010 09:17 AM

Hi everyone. Thats a good idea seperating out the different shades of fabric scraps. I just need containers to put it in. I will definitely do that. I have boxes full of scraps I can't just throw away. I guess I am too frugal. I don't do many same color quilts. I love the scrappy look as it seems more creative than the planned designs.

marquezluz 04-14-2010 07:56 PM

I love scrap quilts. I have made 9-10 quilts from quiltville.com. There are still many more from the website I want to try and make.

Naiscoot 04-15-2010 06:33 AM

Hint when quilting with other quilters, only do your sewing with them not the choosing of the scrappy colours they all have different opions of what goes. Learnt that yesterday with my friends, they didn't get much of their quilting done they were more interested in ME choosing the right colours for a scrappy quilt, so I just cut out more 16 inch lengths and decided to choose the colours at HOME ....After all it is a SCRAPPY Bargello Quilt, not a designed colour co ordinated quilt. Agreed that the purple just didn't go with the other colours. Will post picture when done.

nanna2 04-15-2010 12:45 PM

:( Hi! Wendy, Well! you got the job done. I am a new /old quilter. While living in Kentucky (raised in Los Angles) I decided this retired news editor could make a quilt like all these , country females. Using old dresses I bougth at a attic cell, I chose a turtle pattern. On my moms 49th wedding anniversary I started the quilt for her 50th.. using scrapes from those old faded dresses. My mother got her quilt four months before her 51st anniversary. Ladies these take more time than I imagined. I did it all my hand, never using my machine. How do you intend to make one in one years time ??? My hats off to you all. Georgia