Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

Jane Quilter 05-03-2017 03:25 PM

Annaquilts, I know you are making a CAL King, and that is the reason you are making 4 times the number of blocks. You are so creative and skillful at choosing fabrics for a block, have you thought about using the same block, such as Woven Time, and using 4 different sets of fabrics? Changing the fabric would make the blocks look completely different. I know you are not soliciting advise, but I keep running back to your blocks to admire them because they are so eye-catching......you have quite a talent there. (mine, by comparison, are kind of blah)

lawsonmugs 05-03-2017 04:01 PM

Wow there are some really great blocks here ladies. I love them all. I need to start mine before I get to far behind. Wonderful color choices too.

sewbizgirl 05-03-2017 04:25 PM

Thank you Jane. Those are some of my new fabs from Vicksburg. I went in looking for FQs but found better deals in the remnant bin... they were 50% off! :o

Can't wait to see yours, Mary!

Annaquilts 05-03-2017 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter (Post 7816844)
Annaquilts, I know you are making a CAL King, and that is the reason you are making 4 times the number of blocks. You are so creative and skillful at choosing fabrics for a block, have you thought about using the same block, such as Woven Time, and using 4 different sets of fabrics? Changing the fabric would make the blocks look completely different. I know you are not soliciting advise, but I keep running back to your blocks to admire them because they are so eye-catching......you have quite a talent there. (mine, by comparison, are kind of blah)

Yes but since I am running it through Sizzix die cutter it is easier to do it this way. I will have so many blocks any ways it will not be noticeable. Thank you for your input. You are definitely right.

Annaquilts 05-03-2017 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=sewbizgirl;7816831]Love Whittles... how can you beat LQS quality FQs for $1.40?

I know, right?

Annaquilts 05-03-2017 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7816831)
Love Whittles... how can you beat LQS quality FQs for $1.40?

Here is my block #2, Woven Time:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572480[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous! So classic too. I love that line also.

retiredteacher09 05-04-2017 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Block 2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572523[/ATTACH]

Connie

Jane Quilter 05-04-2017 02:51 PM

Looks great, Connie. Love your block................

lawsonmugs 05-04-2017 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Connie that's so pretty. I went with a mauve kinda color for my pink. Please don't look close at my points.Thanks to Paint me Judy and her wonderful Mystery Train rides I have learned to make hst without crying.lol. She puts them in all the mysteries I think. My pictures are kinda dark the black looking squares are really a semi dark brown.

sewbizgirl 05-04-2017 05:42 PM

Gorgeous blocks, ladies! There were a lot of little HSTs in that second one, weren't there? But it's worth it. So pretty.