Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

Teddybear Lady 05-18-2017 08:35 PM

I'm not making these blocks but I love seeing what you all are doing. They look great!

givio 05-18-2017 08:40 PM

Well, it looks like the sashing is 2" finished, do you think so? These first four blocks are all in a row on the pattern, and I'm tempted to add the sashing and sew them together. Anyone else of like mind?? I have a lot of gray, and not much cream/beige/neutral, so I'm going to use gray for sashes.

DottyD 05-19-2017 12:15 AM

Lovely block Givio - and thank you so much for comments re my Christmas fabrics !

Jane Quilter 05-19-2017 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7826970)
Well, it looks like the sashing is 2" finished, do you think so? These first four blocks are all in a row on the pattern, and I'm tempted to add the sashing and sew them together. Anyone else of like mind?? I have a lot of gray, and not much cream/beige/neutral, so I'm going to use gray for sashes.

you could e-mail Debbie and she will answer promptly about details of pattern......

sewbizgirl 05-19-2017 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7826970)

You're right, they are all in one row... which makes me wonder if our next block will be the 5th block in that row. In that case, you could do the setting triangles, too! The sashing looks like 2" but if you want to confirm and work ahead, Debbie is so helpful. I'm sure she would tell you.

I love these blocks. We are going to have such pretty quilts!

Jordan 05-19-2017 07:12 AM

I have different colors for background-some light cream and some a tan. Is this going to look ok do you all think? I just love doing these blocks. I am picking out fabrics for #4 and had to ask a friend to bring some CW fabrics over to see if she has any better matches than I do. What a great friend!

Jane Quilter 05-19-2017 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 7827183)
I have different colors for background-some light cream and some a tan. Is this going to look ok do you all think? I just love doing these blocks. I am picking out fabrics for #4 and had to ask a friend to bring some CW fabrics over to see if she has any better matches than I do. What a great friend!

Make sure each block looks pretty as a single block.......when they are all sashed together they will look great....especially if they are all the same genre....like civil war, christmas, 30's, modern, etc. They don't have to match block to block. IMO Jane Q

sewbizgirl 05-19-2017 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 7827183)

That's fine. I'm doing mine all different, too-- on purpose! :D

joe'smom 05-20-2017 07:53 AM

It's such a treat to see all of these beautiful blocks. These Civil War fabrics are a textural delight. I'm going to start buying more CW fabrics!

retiredteacher09 05-20-2017 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Block 4-Constellation

This block definitely has an overall darker color to it but I found the darker neutral and wanted to use it. :)

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573413[/ATTACH]