Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Rest and Refreshing BOW Civil War Sampler Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/rest-refreshing-bow-civil-war-sampler-quilt-t287811.html)

Battle Axe 04-28-2017 03:50 AM

I'm signed up and love it as my Fresh Lilacs is almost done. Am waiting on more of one fabric for the border.

There is a Facebook group that you have to be approved for, but you can post the blocks etc there. Debbie is most helpful, and her business card has quilt backs, batting sizes, etc., listed on the back. I thought I saw where there are 543 of us.

DottyD 04-28-2017 04:42 AM

I am looking forward to doing this BOW. I followed one group when I made my Dear Jane here on the QB and I made my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and Loyal Union Sampler on a Yahoo group. It is so nice to share your blocks and get the encouragement from your fellow members.
Totally different as here in the UK - Civil War fabric is quite hard to come by and expensive. I have a LOT of Christmas fabrics and I shall be using them.

sewbizgirl 04-28-2017 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7813108)
I wondered what constituted CW fabrics but how can you tell? Does it say on the bolt?

Judy Rothermel (sp?), Jo Morton, Barbara Brachman, and several other designers specialize in CW fabric design. Marcus and Moda both have CW lines of fabric. Some quilt shops don't carry CW fabric at all, and some have a big selection. Hancock's of Paducah has tons of it. There's also a nice selection on Etsy. I don't think you are going to find the name "Civil War" on the bolt, unless it's part of the collection name.

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7813110)
There is a Facebook group that you have to be approved for, but you can post the blocks etc there. Debbie is most helpful, and her business card has quilt backs, batting sizes, etc., listed on the back. I thought I saw where there are 543 of us.

Wow, that's a large group! No doubt loads of people are going to want to make this pretty quilt. :o

Beachbaby12 04-28-2017 05:25 AM

Beautiful block, frustrated quilter 40! I may try to do the block of the week. Thanks.

givio 04-28-2017 06:11 AM

tessagin, The info on the selvage often gives a clue, if it mentions 'reproduction' or something like that. You can look online to see what description is given for a particular group of prints.
Battle Axe, nice info, there! Thanks. 543 -- and counting, I guess! :-) Well, FB is popular, but I don't like to use it.

Annaquilts 04-28-2017 02:42 PM

OK I am in the loop and signed up.

QuilterMomma 04-28-2017 03:09 PM

Good girl Anna, especially since you send me this link. ;)
I am signed up, printed the instructions for this block and the other info. Will be another couple days before I can get mine done tho. Quilt show this weekend and two sofa cushions needing to be done and a baby quilt as well. Lots to do. Will be fun to join along and play with my reproduction fabrics. I seem to hoard them.

sewbizgirl 04-28-2017 04:19 PM

I can hardly wait for the next block!

Annaquilts 04-28-2017 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7813508)
I can hardly wait for the next block!

Me too! I made 4 of these from Hawthorne Ridge fabric.

sewbizgirl 04-29-2017 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7813627)
Me too! I made 4 of these from Hawthorne Ridge fabric.

Oooh, can you show us a picture?